By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "My name is Halo, and I just made 170 million ..."

Videogirl said:
Well, still not comparable with the 3 million copies of FFVII sold in less than 48 hours in Japan in 1997, but close enough.

get your facts right, 2.3 million in the first 3 days

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats what I'm talking about!

And still going!

Wonder how well Halo's sequel series will do.

Im curious too, but if you've seen the gameplay trailer of Halo Wars, its looking pretty good. (im a huge RTS fan, by the way)

I haven't even played any RTS yet and I'm really liking Halo Wars.

Around the Network

RTS games on Consoles suck.....IMO

Halo Wars isn't the sequel series, its a spin-off, I'm talking about the next trilogy with Master Chief Bungie has planned.

Halo Wars isnt featuring just master chief. its featuring all the spartans and im not even sure if master chief is in it because he isnt with them at all in the books and this is set before the halop series, during the first encounters with the convenant.

Lost tears of Kain said:
Videogirl said:
Well, still not comparable with the 3 million copies of FFVII sold in less than 48 hours in Japan in 1997, but close enough.

get your facts right, 2.3 million in the first 3 days

You get yours straight, how old were you in 1997 anyway ? 10 or something ? So don't lecture me.

It sold close to 2.8 million in about 48 hours, more than 3.5 million in it's first month of sales in Japan. And sold 1.3 million copies more that year.

Though launch day in the US was in September, the 1 million mark was only reached by the end of the year. 

Europe launch was in mid-November and sales reached  500K.

So the game sold over 6 million copies in 1997 alone, mostly in Japan. And in case you're wondering, there were only about 25 millions Playstationers worlwide at that time.

Yes my excellent math lol. I originally put 40%, thought it over and replaced it with 50% but forgot to change my wording to reflect that. My point is, even if Halo has an incredible attach rate, its likely that half of all owners won't even have Halo 3.

Maddens Launch did very well with over a Million by now (in US) and Forza has over a Half Million sold, and those are definitely system sellers.

"All sarcasm aside, I don't think you can argue that Halo 3 is a must buy for most 360 owners. You can try if you like. "

When did I try arguing Halo 3 is a must buy?

I said the opposite, that Halo 3 isn't a must buy. At least we both have a fuckup now :P I just think your view that Xbox 360 as a one-trick Pony is wrong. Yes the Wii doesn't quite have a property thats as "key" as Halo is to the Xbox, but Super Mario Galaxy for example is going to be an important title for the Wii.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!