By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "My name is Halo, and I just made 170 million ..."

RolStoppable said:
mancandy said:
Androo said:
Damn!

See Nintendo? Marketing causes hype. Hype causes excitment, Excitment causes pre-orders/word of month/purchase. All 3 result in money for you.

Metroid Prime 3 could have done sooo much better if hyped and marketed well :(

I agree that Metroid Prime could have been marketed a little more, but I don't think it really had a chance against Halo 3. If you are a 360 and you could buy only one game this year....Halo 3 would be it. On the other hand, if you're a Wii owner and could only buy one game this year....it could be MP3, SMG, RE4, etc. Halo is Xbox.

Consoles don't buy games.

Well, maybe fake consoles can buy games.

Dammit Rol, I thought I caught my error before anyone saw it. Your error checking is too good. But um...yeah...the new 360's can buy games for you. Non-consoles just sit there and you have to buy games for them.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network

Nice to meet you Halo.

I have absolutely zero doubt they have claimed this record...but I would still love to see the hard numbers behind this stuff. So many sheeple out their whose eyes glaze over when they see that stuff so the rest of us go without =/

To Each Man, Responsibility

I'm sorry....mancandy your wrong. Sure Halo is very popular, but I know a lot of people who bought Xbox's just for Madden or Forza. Halo is popular, but Halo isn't Xbox.

Xbox obviously has the most variety in titles of any game console at this point, and even if Halo gets an incredible attach rate of 50%+ thats still not even the majority of Xbox owners.

Anyways, supposedly average selling price was $85/Copy at $170,000,000 that is 2 Million Copies sold opening day in the US, seems like a realistic estimate, if not even more copies (does anyone know % of Legendary and Limited Edition?)

I'd imagine with decent sales in the UK/Europe, and some in Japan. It could hit 3 Million Copies first week and 4 Million First Month :o

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

Why don't they tell us how much they've spent on advertisements/commercials? I'm sure that's a pretty big number too =P

Around the Network

Well, still not comparable with the 3 million copies of FFVII sold in less than 48 hours in Japan in 1997, but close enough.

^huh, is that true? I thought Halo2 and now Halo3 hold the records for biggest launches?

darkfire001 said:
I'm sorry....mancandy your wrong. Sure Halo is very popular, but I know a lot of people who bought Xbox's just for Madden or Forza. Halo is popular, but Halo isn't Xbox.

Xbox obviously has the most variety in titles of any game console at this point, and even if Halo gets an incredible attach rate of 50%+ thats still not even the majority of Xbox owners.
 Oh wow.... I didn't know that Madden or Forza made $170M+ in one day. I must really be ignorant. 
I also didn't know that 50%+ wasn't considered the majority. I'd better go back to my remedial math class at the local community college.
All sarcasm aside, I don't think you can argue that Halo 3 is a must buy for most 360 owners. You can try if you like.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Sounds like very good news for the 360 camp.

darkfire001 said:

Isn't 50%+ the majority. What can be greater then 50 and still make 100?

Congradulatuion yadda yadda yadda. This doesn't surprise me in thje lease. I knew it was going to sell wel. I think halo 2 had similar numbers, but you could "own" me in this.