By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the biggest joke of E3?

Sony presentation - there was so many fails during their presentation that i can't even count:
1. Tretton at the beginnig said that if you want to play best games in 2009 you have to get ps3 and then every ps3 exclusive is getting delay to 2010+.
2. sony is showing their own Wand despite the fact that yesterday they were laughing at wiimote which not only does the same thing wii motion plus was doing year ago, but also whole ps3wand presentation was a bit awkward.
3. Modnation Racing - i mean come one it was exactly like Mario Kart but with fugly realistic graphics and level creator.
4. price of PSP GO and the fact that none of sonys accesories that they released for psp will not work with PSP GO. plus sony showed one of the new accesory for PSP GO that will be sold separately and it's stupid charge cable! yes they are selling charge cable for PSP GO separately(there will be only usb cable inside the box) and the great feature of this cable is the fact that you can charge your psp while playing*facepalm*
5. they announcing FF14 exclusively on ps3, everyone is almost having orgasm and then we see Final Fantasy XIV....Online. and after that SE not only confirmed pc version but also said that they are thinking of bringing it to 360.
6. Agent announcement - i mean seriously do they really wnt me to be hyped over sign? no teaser, screenshot or single artwork? so what next time sony will have 10minute long conference where they will just show few titles on the black screen?
7. Gran Turismo 5 - Duke Nukem Forever of our generation. 4th year in a row we've seen new CGI trailer and that's all. then after E3 they said that they can release this game anytime they want.

8. the guy taking notes during Kojima translation - it was really unprofessional.

ms conference:
1. avatar + natal + and idiot = zombie?

nintendo conference:
well duh ds games. i mean seriously i fought they will show us new petz games at some point.

EA conference:
1. first 15 minutes of it. i couldn't believe what i've seen.

ubisoft conference? well pretty much all of it was a joke.

Around the Network

Vitality sensor
close second is WKC release date.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Munkeh111 said:
Showertea said:
Another priceless moment was when Sony dedicated, like, 10 minutes to Assassin's Creed 2 gameplay. Umm... isn't AC2 a multiplatform game? Are you really that starved for content, Sony?

Okay, so let's take out Assassin's Creed 2, they still would have had the longest press conference by 20 minutes, and they had to cut God of War short. Oh, and they did not even bother to show of Ratchet & Clank A Crack in Time or Heavy Rain because they had so much to get through.

Nintendo could only fill 1 hour, so they clearly are sooo pathetic that they only have enough stuff for that time

Microsoft had to show us the Beatles Rock Band, Modern Warfare 2, Ride and probably a few more that I can't think of, and that was in a 1:30 conference as opposed to Sony's 2 hour one

well i personally was bored as hell when it was at like 45 minutes in for sony's conference.  And I thought Nintendo's was too short, they seemed to show be rushing a lot of info quick.  Microsofts i thought was fine for length.  So really for me sony's 2 hours was a pain and they should have cut it down.  The long trailers and demos of games we have seen a lot of footage already was really a waste, such as uncharted 2.  gow 3 and ac2 didn't have much gameplay yet so they were fine, but really didn't need them because they were basically teh same as older games.  Sure a new weapon or something, but could be shown in a quick 30 second trailer showing gameplay.  

But for me I thought the biggest joke of E3 is the huge hype and jizzing people are having over the game the agent.  We saw nothing on it, basically just saying some company is makign this game and it is exlusive.  "oh my god i just jizzed in my pants"  oh and also the hypocrisy on the internet about natal and sony dildo.  apparantly motion is now in style and cool huh.  

elgefe02 said:
It was Fun... That people believed at the conference for a second that Vitality sensor was a nintendo Joke... and also the FFXIV... people had the same reaction... it was like... you cant be serious...

But the biggest joke of E3 for me was this:
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=75588

Winner!

ioi's reason for ban ( Too much denny's ) Haha!

D_Boy said:
JGarcia050 said:
starting off the microsoft presser with beatles rockband....who cares...spent so much time on that...wow we get it, its another rockband game....and then to have paul and ringo come out to speak and who knows what they said ::snore::

I swear...I'm sick of people talking about the Beatles. We get it..they were huge. Plus, I want to get a lawn mower and go crazy on their hair...damn helmet heads. Hopefully soon the only time we hear about the Beatles is in a music history book.

Don't hold your breath.  You're going to hear them forever in every band that followed them anyways.

OT:  I think all 3 of those items in the op were awkward.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Around the Network

"8. the guy taking notes during Kojima translation - it was really unprofessional"

Do all asians look the same or something? Or are all asians Kojima? because that definatly wasn't Kojima

Munkeh111 said:
Showertea said:
Another priceless moment was when Sony dedicated, like, 10 minutes to Assassin's Creed 2 gameplay. Umm... isn't AC2 a multiplatform game? Are you really that starved for content, Sony?

Okay, so let's take out Assassin's Creed 2, they still would have had the longest press conference by 20 minutes, and they had to cut God of War short. Oh, and they did not even bother to show of Ratchet & Clank A Crack in Time or Heavy Rain because they had so much to get through.

Nintendo could only fill 1 hour, so they clearly are sooo pathetic that they only have enough stuff for that time

Microsoft had to show us the Beatles Rock Band, Modern Warfare 2, Ride and probably a few more that I can't think of, and that was in a 1:30 conference as opposed to Sony's 2 hour one

Beatles RB, Tony Hawk, FF13, and MW2... all multiplats. Then later MGSR

This

And the vitality sensor.. wtf !

Check out my game about moles ^

how are those jokes?

im curious about the vitality sensor and natal tbh

in my mind the biggest joke is that theres still no new shadowrun rpg even tho ms has the rights.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

I think I got the most laughs out of Natal. Not because it was bad.. It's just because it wasn't ready to be shown.

That's why I call MS E3 conference the most epic of em all.