By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Australian charts 23/09/07 or, where HS didn't flop totally.

lombard2578 said:
Neos said:
lombard2578 said:
Neos said:
lombard2578 said:
You don't have the ps2?, and what is your link?

why would i want to post the ps2 figures on a next-gen console site/forum

my source is ofcourse, GFK australia..

Because, you did this in your precedent thread on australian charts for 9 september

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=6838

In fact, it's more complicated, because, your top change every week, go see your old thread.

Your photo from gfk is not a good idea.

The top 360 is for the 16 september week, i see, it's a mistake from gfk. And this mistake is in my top, because gamespot has not see the date.

You can see my thread for the week ending 16 september. Here, the date have not change.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=7522&start=0#end

omg, you're taking this way too seriously
fine have it your way, go post them weekly

Have you seen your thread:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=6838

The date of your image have really change. It's not a joke. I think , it's you who must published these charts every week. You must find how to the date don't change, and it will be good. If i have done the thread for the 16 september, it's because you forget to do it.

yea i'll just save them onto my computer and post them under Photobucket or something, that way it cannot change i guess, thanks for the advice anyways, i had no idea they changed the picture everyweek instead of adding new ones.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
Neos said:
HappySqurriel said:
Sales rankings don't tell you much about whether a game really flopped or not ...

Yes, well that's your opinion.

Umm, no that's fact.  It should be obvious but sales rankings do not tell you actual sales but only the highest-lowest order.  They alone cannot tell you whether a game had spetacular sales (though obviously being in the top 3  would point in the non-flop direction).  What they can reasonably tell you is that a game flopped.  If it debuts at #12 there is little question of that (#12 is pretty much always low selling although again it's not 100%). 

The problem with the top spots is that they are heavily dependent on time of year, what games came out, and other market factors.  1 week #1 may sell (using US numbers since I'm familiar with them) 400k and #2 200k which is pretty good for #2, another week #1 could sell 180k and #2 sells 60k which is not so good for a first week.  Another example would be SPM debuted at #3 in its first week in the UK and moved up to #1 its second week.  I seriously doubt that was due to sales increasing (though it could be since it is just a ranking).

Actually I'd say in ratio to hardware sales comparing to US sales trends, numbers 1 and 2 for Australian software would be at about (For these games in particular):

Paper Mario: 6,700

Heavenly Sword: 3,900

i don't know why you have to put that kind of stuff in the title, just let the numbers speak for themself.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
i don't know why you have to put that kind of stuff in the title, just let the numbers speak for themself.

i just watched the movie Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

and i kinda meant it as a pun, i guess you don't know what good movies are then! 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!