By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Australian charts 23/09/07 or, where HS didn't flop totally.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Sales rankings don't tell you much about whether a game really flopped or not ...

HappySqurriel said:
Sales rankings don't tell you much about whether a game really flopped or not ...

Yes, well that's your opinion.

No that is not an opinion at all it's basic truth... you can't see numbers.

Every game in that top 10 could have sold 100 copies and Paper Mario sold 5000 but because it was next in line it was much lower.

I think the length of time it stays there will be more apparent.

OriGin said:
No that is not an opinion at all it's basic truth... you can't see numbers.

Every game in that top 10 could have sold 100 copies and Paper Mario sold 5000 but because it was next in line it was much lower.

I think the length of time it stays there will be more apparent.
Well then have it your way, i sense it didn't flop at much as in the US.

Around the Network

For what it's worth, HS is selling great in Sweden as well. For now.

Wow, Australia and Sweden so make up for HS not doing well in the US.....

But seriously, what does a rank at No 1 or 2 in Sweden or Australia usually mean in sales numbers? 5000? More? Less?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

A lot more in Australia than in Sweden.

5000 would be a reasonable guess for #1 or #2.

Rentals are quite expensive here, and less popular (and less available).

The weekly charts here do seem to be all over the place. Smaller volumes, and more effect from advertising.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Faxanadu said:
Wow, Australia and Sweden so make up for HS not doing well in the US.....

But seriously, what does a rank at No 1 or 2 in Sweden or Australia usually mean in sales numbers? 5000? More? Less?

I'll put it this way, Canada sells more systems monthly than Australia (NPD vs VGC Austrailian numbers) and their top titles usually sell 35k-50k in a month.  With the rest of the top 10 between 10-30k.  So australian software is probably even lower than those small numbers.  I can't imagine the game did anymore than 8k which sure doesn't make for the game flopping in the US.  

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%