By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP GO is a MISTAKE! (have SONY not learnt anything)!!

wenlan said:

Gamers: UMD need to go~
Gamers: I want internal HD~
Gamers: PSP is too big, it's a joke to use it as a MP3 player~
Gamers: PSP's battery doesn't last long~

Sony: There you Go, PSP Go for you

Gamers: Fail!
Gamers: Ugly!
Gamers: Where is my 2nd analog stick?
Gamers: Too expensive!
Gamers: I don't want it!

Sony: Nintendo has the true vision to target the "casual" market, they don't complain, they just pay....

I love this post, so much win.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

I want to get a PSP, yet I can't afford one right now. What is also holding me back is... I still feel the UMD could be thrown aside at any moment, yet that is my opinion. But I will NOT get the PSP GO.... I HATE not "owning" my own games. Even on my 360, I still don't feel like I "own" my game unless I have a disc to physically have. Plus you always know that the PSP GO will be updated, slimmed down, bugs fixed ... etc. I learned my lesson with sony before in buying launch products.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

@darthdevidem01

I think $ony know that $250 for a portable digital system might just be too much but I think they are trying to do two things here:

1. Make a bigger profit to recoup from the PS3 losses which a $169.00 PSP is not doing. The Extra $90 might just allow $ony to do PS3 price-cut.

2.They are hoping people catch on the Idea of the PSP go so they can slowly phase PSP3000 to cut down on the Piracy.

All in All you do make good point.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

@bullet10000

thanks

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

How much will it cost in the UK?

Around the Network

too expensive. i would rather buy a psp3000 and buy a 16gb memory stick. i also have a choice to buy used or new prices and find them at a low price. for dd, you only have one price. also no buy if they don't have the whole PSP library, including niche games.

$250? Thats nothing man. Early ads here in the UK say its going to be £230. RIP OFF!

Or even £250 according to Amazon UK : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PSP-Go-Console-Black/dp/B002BSH1ZG/ref=sr_tr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1244155698&sr=1-1

@The God Of War

£249 I think

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

coolestguyever said:
They should have just called it the PSP2 or something instead of a PSP spinoff with no UMD drive.

So they're expecting people to pay $250 for a PSP Go, and if the person already has a collection of UMD games they'll be useless.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=75543&page=1

If Sony does do this, then you won't have to worry about it. You can keep your old PSP and games (I would assume), and you can also have them on the PSP GO.

My only issue with the system is it's price (we'll see about how well the controls feel). It is way too expensive, considering you'll get basically the same experience for $80 less.

wenlan said:
misterd said:
As I said before, watching Sony talk about its plans for the PSP is like listening to a terminal cancer patient with AIDS talk about their retirement plan.

can't you come up something better than this analogy?

what's wrong with those patients talking about their retirement plan?

Because as much as you may wish them well, you can't help but think its all for naught.