By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why r ppl pissed off by the "PS3 is the future believe" thing...again?

I just feel that the whole NOW........B_E_L_I_E_V_E sounds excessively lame

What are you looking at, nerd?
Around the Network

Because they haven`t seen THIS - http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_11279_en.html
I would post more links, but THIS ALONE justifies it.

If you don`t BELIEVE after THIS, than nothing will make you.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CGI-Quality said:
pbroy said:
CGI-Quality said:
The people that made that slogan are laughing right now at how it could have been taken this seriously.

Didn't you make this slogan.. I can't remember who the other one was. Was it MikeB?

I bet it puts a smile on your face every time you see someone using it, your the leader of the revolution. ~_n

I never understood why there is an underline between each letter of BELIEVE... why?

Spartan and I, and trust me, we lol at the thought that people took it THAT seriously. It was all in good fun, nothing more.

@ Jboy: As a matter of fact, yes......

How do you he's laughing right now? Is he your brother/dad/friend/partner/dog?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:
CGI-Quality said:
pbroy said:
CGI-Quality said:
The people that made that slogan are laughing right now at how it could have been taken this seriously.

Didn't you make this slogan.. I can't remember who the other one was. Was it MikeB?

I bet it puts a smile on your face every time you see someone using it, your the leader of the revolution. ~_n

I never understood why there is an underline between each letter of BELIEVE... why?

Spartan and I, and trust me, we lol at the thought that people took it THAT seriously. It was all in good fun, nothing more.

@ Jboy: As a matter of fact, yes......

How do you he's laughing right now? Is he your brother/dad/friend/partner/dog?

How do you he's laughing? Did you mean how do you know? Anyway...it's like me creating a slogan "The power of Christ compels you"...which is funny due to Family Guy...and people taking it way out of context and starting a religious debate about the devil. I would be laughing as well.

Rainbird said:
Because it's pure, concentrated fanboy-ism.

I'm a Sony supporter, and I hate it too

/signed, great first reply. Epic win, and cause of fail thread.

If you don't understand why that phrase is laughed at by normal gamers....I mean...it's a marketing catchphrase...and there isn't a catch phrase arrogant enough to compare it to.

Plus it makes no sense. It isn't even punctuated. Also, the "3" instead of the "e" in "believe" ...is just so cheesy and campy. It's like Sony poor marketing at its finest...but some people don't realize that.

I think that most people put it in their sig as kind of a passive agressive way to taunt other fanboys. The rest might actually buy the line, lol....no, nobody buys the line. The PS3 is the future now - "lol, that makes now sense, but ok" B3LIEVE -"you misspelled that...oh wait, you didn't...wtf dude."

It's a marketing catchphrase, not a real statement.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

The funniest part is that the Sony fanboys have actually created a cult in VGChartz. Theres also one guy who believes he's their "leader"....this is delusional.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
The funniest part is that the Sony fanboys have actually created a cult in VGChartz. Theres also one guy who believes he's their "leader"....this is delusional.

Man...that's pretty crazy. Making an online cult for a slogan, and someone claiming to be their leader. Those are A Class shnooks, and are what give the rest of the normal people a bad name. 

i completely agree with zen

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

I think it's kind of funny.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Rainbird said:
Because it's pure, concentrated fanboy-ism.

I'm a Sony supporter, and I hate it too

/signed, great first reply. Epic win, and cause of fail thread.

If you don't understand why that phrase is laughed at by normal gamers....I mean...it's a marketing catchphrase...and there isn't a catch phrase arrogant enough to compare it to.

Plus it makes no sense. It isn't even punctuated. Also, the "3" instead of the "e" in "believe" ...is just so cheesy and campy. It's like Sony poor marketing at its finest...but some people don't realize that.

I think that most people put it in their sig as kind of a passive agressive way to taunt other fanboys. The rest might actually buy the line, lol....no, nobody buys the line. The PS3 is the future now - "lol, that makes now sense, but ok" B3LIEVE -"you misspelled that...oh wait, you didn't...wtf dude."

It's a marketing catchphrase, not a real statement.

I think they are psychologically dependant on Sony's success. If they are proven wrong everything they believed as far as gaming is concerned is lost. Its like telling a highly religious person there is no god (I don't believe there is no god, however, this is just an example to get the point across).