By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why r ppl pissed off by the "PS3 is the future believe" thing...again?

It was probably overdiscussed but there is an offensive countermovement to this, and one major characteristic of that movement is personal attack. Why? Why is it aloved? One can't avoid it on this site and it's offensive. 

Examples: 

Dinomax: Playstation3 is the future now believe - I am insecure and need to justify my toy's existance. - so I did nothing to you, but you mock me and call me insecure. Nice.

S.T.A.G.E.: This whole PS3 "B_E_L_I_E_V_E" trend is delusional. - so I did nothing to you, but you mock me and call me delusional. Nice.

eliasg: same as STAGE above.

and there are probably more. 

BTW: I love my PS3 and it loves me back. I'm not insecure about our future. It will run and the games will roll.

Around the Network

Because it's pure, concentrated fanboy-ism.

I'm a Sony supporter, and I hate it too

Rainbird said:

I'm a Sony supporter, and I hate it too

word.

Rainbird said:

You'll be hard pressed to show my fanboy-ism (aside from the sig if that makes me one), so maybe I use that sig 'cause I belive it (and I do). Is that bad?

Hate to say it buy it does reek of fanboyism

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

tbh and I don't want to offend some people (don't care about the Pure fanboys who are really delusional) it's kinda stupid and meaningless. The kind of thing you see from the company marketing you know the people who actually get paid to do these kinda things !!!!

this whole console war has been taking to the extreme this gen. I would rather be with the people you call casuals more than the supposed "HARDCOOOOOORE" because I really think at this point that they care about games now more than the "HARDCORE"

They are probably angry that they didn't come up with it first for their console. It's smart and catchy. They can't copy it or they will have to admit it is smart/catchy. Therefore, they try to make it look stupid and hate on it.

ithis said:
Rainbird said:

You'll be hard pressed to show my fanboy-ism (aside from the sig if that makes me one), so maybe I use that sig 'cause I belive it (and I do). Is that bad?

No, but that doesn't change the fact that the message is 100% pure fanboy-ism. If you choose to have it in your sig, then that's something people will judge by

ithis said:

It was probably overdiscussed but there is an offensive countermovement to this, and one major characteristic of that movement is personal attack. Why? Why is it aloved? One can't avoid it on this site and it's offensive. 

Examples: 

Dinomax: Playstation3 is the future now believe - I am insecure and need to justify my toy's existance. - so I did nothing to you, but you mock me and call me insecure. Nice.

S.T.A.G.E.: This whole PS3 "B_E_L_I_E_V_E" trend is delusional. - so I did nothing to you, but you mock me and call me delusional. Nice.

eliasg: same as STAGE above.

and there are probably more. 

BTW: I love my PS3 and it loves me back. I'm not insecure about our future. It will run and the games will roll.

Are you sure their comments are directed at you and you alone, and not all the other over-sensitive, fanboy retards with that sig?

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

Rainbird said:

No, but that doesn't change the fact that the message is 100% pure fanboy-ism. If you choose to have it in your sig, then that's something people will judge by

OK, fine, but what about those attaks? Must it get to that level? Is this as bad as that?