By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why r ppl pissed off by the "PS3 is the future believe" thing...again?

Does it really make sense to sit here and actually formulate an opinion on this issue? Like whatever console you want. Use whatever slogans you want to promote whatever console you prefer. Message boards are for fanboy wars and anyone who gets offended by the ranting and raving needs to grow thicker skin, not to count find another philosophical concept to ponder.

If you promote a console you're asking for a fight.

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

Around the Network
Rainbird said:

PS3 is the future of console gaming, now join our crazy cult.

Something like that

When I started comming here, it was full of Sony is dead, PS3 is doomed (true for Wii too but I'm fighting one war here, not two, letting go is not the way), PS3 has no games, PS3 is a BD player etc. Later when the things were clearely not the above, people still continued with the same old sh*t. Two choices, take it or react. I chose to join the movement that reacted with a harmless, catchy slogan.

Pristine20 said:
Rainbird said:
Pristine20 said:
Rainbird said:
Pristine20 said:
Rainbird said:
Pristine20 said:
Rainbird said:
Because it's pure, concentrated fanboy-ism.

I'm a Sony supporter, and I hate it too

No it's not. Showing support for a console you own is quite different from putting down everyone else's choice which is fanboyism. I carried the logo myself for a while. i only removed it because I needed to make room for other things in my sig. The only reason I've ever been banned is sig length so i gotta be aware of this now.

Yes it is. There are many ways of declaring your support towards a console, some of which do not involve declaring your console of choice as "the future", in a time where it obviously isn't.

Whether you like it or not, that message reeks of blind fanboy-ism

saying ps3 has room in the future is different from saying 360 and wii have no future...I hope this is clearer. IMO, the sig stems from the idea that ps3 was doomed that keeps popping up every now and then. Thankfully, many journalists think ninty's E3 sucked so they'll be talking about the wii now and the ps3 gets a break.

It is clearer, but that is not what that signature is saying. Those are two different things

so what's your interpretation of the sig?

Something like that

In that case, I guess the problem here is the vagueness of the statement because it looks like everyone's inner prejudice brings forth a different interpretation. Spartanfx (original author...I think) should've had something more direct.

Could be. Makes me think that I would like to hear spartan's interpretation

nen-suer said:
@hatmoza 2.0

The Black Sheep is back...i missed u man

@Rainbird

Not believing in the PS3 or its future is fine, but why hate those ho do??

Yeah, apparently I'm a PS3 troll all of a suddenXD

Rainbird said:

For the same reasons you get tired of people saying that the Wii is a fad, and stuff like that.

I'm at the point where I have given up on fighting it, and just roll my eyes whenever I see it. Often I feel like posting facepalms, but that probably wont do much good.

Wait a minute. Saying that my doughter will have a bright future and saying that your daugher is ugly and stoopid is the same thing?

(and...hehe, clever) 

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
Pristine20 said:
Rainbird said:
Pristine20 said:
Rainbird said:
Pristine20 said:
Rainbird said:
Pristine20 said:
Rainbird said:
Because it's pure, concentrated fanboy-ism.

I'm a Sony supporter, and I hate it too

No it's not. Showing support for a console you own is quite different from putting down everyone else's choice which is fanboyism. I carried the logo myself for a while. i only removed it because I needed to make room for other things in my sig. The only reason I've ever been banned is sig length so i gotta be aware of this now.

Yes it is. There are many ways of declaring your support towards a console, some of which do not involve declaring your console of choice as "the future", in a time where it obviously isn't.

Whether you like it or not, that message reeks of blind fanboy-ism

saying ps3 has room in the future is different from saying 360 and wii have no future...I hope this is clearer. IMO, the sig stems from the idea that ps3 was doomed that keeps popping up every now and then. Thankfully, many journalists think ninty's E3 sucked so they'll be talking about the wii now and the ps3 gets a break.

It is clearer, but that is not what that signature is saying. Those are two different things

so what's your interpretation of the sig?

Something like that

In that case, I guess the problem here is the vagueness of the statement because it looks like everyone's inner prejudice brings forth a different interpretation. Spartanfx (original author...I think) should've had something more direct.

Could be. Makes me think that I would like to hear spartan's interpretation

yeah. thats pretty much the only way to solve the debate lol

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I dont mind at all, but sounds a little bit desperate...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
ithis said:
Rainbird said:

Something like that

When I started comming here, it was full of Sony is dead, PS3 is doomed (true for Wii too but I'm fighting one war here, not two, letting go is not the way), PS3 has no games, PS3 is a BD player etc. Later when the things were clearely not the above, people still continued with the same old sh*t. Two choices, take it or react. I chose to join the movement that reacted with a harmless, catchy slogan.

That's your way then I just try to not fight fire with fire, or in this case, crazy with crazy. That's how I see it anyway

ithis said:
Rainbird said:

Something like that

It was supposed to be harmless...but some people can use anything as a weapon.

kaneada said:

Does it really make sense to sit here and actually formulate an opinion on this issue? Like whatever console you want. Use whatever slogans you want to promote whatever console you prefer. Message boards are for fanboy wars and anyone who gets offended by the ranting and raving needs to grow thicker skin, not to count find another philosophical concept to ponder.

If you promote a console you're asking for a fight.

You will come to promote one thing or another sooner or later in life. I say the fight should and can be clean of insult and personal attack. Fighting agains that, even here, will lead to that someday. Not fighting agains that here cause it'sonly a silli gameconsole war thing, will lead to not fighting it ever.

And yes, I'm trying to save the world :P.