By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why r ppl pissed off by the "PS3 is the future believe" thing...again?

ithis said:

It was probably overdiscussed but there is an offensive countermovement to this, and one major characteristic of that movement is personal attack. Why? Why is it aloved? One can't avoid it on this site and it's offensive. 

Examples: 

Dinomax: Playstation3 is the future now believe - I am insecure and need to justify my toy's existance. - so I did nothing to you, but you mock me and call me insecure. Nice.

S.T.A.G.E.: This whole PS3 "B_E_L_I_E_V_E" trend is delusional. - so I did nothing to you, but you mock me and call me delusional. Nice.

eliasg: same as STAGE above.

and there are probably more. 

BTW: I love my PS3 and it loves me back. I'm not insecure about our future. It will run and the games will roll.

Your PS3 loves you back?.....It has no emotion. That is delusional talk. The future is the future...you make your future, the PS3, the 360 and the Wii are only boxes to entertain you. This is reality.

Around the Network

Sorry to offend people who have the slogan in their sigs but my honest appraisal is I consider people who use it to be not only fanboys generally, but brainless sheep blindly following the moronic chap in front of them. You're entitled to your opinion of course just as I am to mine, if you don't mind people looking at your sig then making pre judgements thats fine.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Your PS3 loves you back?.....It has no emotion. That is delusional talk.

Or..it's a metaphore that means that I am very pleased with the functionality, features, games of my electronic entertainment device. No delusion there.

STAGE...you're name says it all. This is a stage, and you want the limelight. You're a good guy though.

slowmo said:
Sorry to offend people who have the slogan in their sigs but my honest appraisal is I consider people who use it to be not only fanboys generally, but brainless sheep blindly following the moronic chap in front of them. You're entitled to your opinion of course just as I am to mine, if you don't mind people looking at your sig then making pre judgements thats fine.

Well, evidence and debate aside, I'm saying that the attack must not be agressive and personal/negative. Wouldn't you agree? Why not?

Around the Network

there are probably only 1 or 2 guy or worst it could be only one guy who complain about it and its not even hurtful why bother reacting to it anyway? does it bother you that much?

Well...something is only as serious as someone makes it out to be.

If you're talking to me, yes it bothers me. Not that much, but than again, this thread was not much effort and was rather fun for me. Plus I like to react to stuff like that, or rather, I can't help it.

CGI-Quality said:
The two posters above me are making sense here...

Yeah...a bunch of people took a little fun phrase way too seriously..and now we are here. They are called Party Poopers...whenever someone tries to have little fun, joke around, they come in and over analyise something as trivial as a little slogan which doesn't hurt anyone, isn't disrespecting anyone, and certainly isn't vulgar towards anything.

ithis said:
slowmo said:

Well, evidence and debate aside, I'm saying that the attack must not be agressive and personal/negative. Wouldn't you agree? Why not?

Personal attacks shouldn't be allowed on any forum yet this site is way too lenient on people. 

@CGI - I don't insult people who have the sig, I generally just look at what they type on here and the sig confirms the fanboys.  Like I said if you don't have an issue with many people pre judging you as a fanboy then put it in your sig like the rest of the flock.