By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto responds to Natal, Sony Motion Control

Roma said:
disolitude said:
Shanobi said:
disolitude said:
Great...so Miyamoto influenced Sony and MS with his motion controls invention.

How about he takes their influence on online play, mature games and console processing power next gen.

I don't think the man who is lauded as the greatest game designer of all time needs to start adding boobies to your  fantasy-angst games, just so that a few teens will think he's cool.

And online isn't the be-all-end-all of gaming. It's what you do when the core single player game isn't compelling enough to play it on it's own.

No one said anything about bouncing boobs. Hes been making the same brand of fantasy gaming for decades now. And while there is nothing wrong with it, it wouldn't hurt to accept an influence here or there form the industry.

Making a game where you are given a choice to save or kill princess Zelda would be splendid. Or you can marry her and have babies... Fable showed us its possible.

Also online play is key...http://kotaku.com/5278060/no-online-play-for-new-super-mario-bros

Coop in that game is useless now. When I have 4 people over we are watching a game or having a bbq. We are not playig the wii.

lol Zelda is not about choosing a side or F*ck Zelda to have babiez. If you want babiez go buy it, Ubisoft has some of the greatest hardcore baby games.

And to that guy claming Sony was first on having motion well sorry to disappoint you but Nintendo already did that with the NES! Interesting huh?  

You tell me whats zelda about these days then? Fishing? Playing a flute on a boat?

Around the Network

Honestly I am pretty excited that MS and Sony are adopting new Motion Controls. Competition will just push all 3 companies to make the best Hardward and Software. By best I dont mean HD graphics or HD motion controls.

Its about time we started to evolve past the ole dual analog 12 button controller. I would kill myself if that is what consoles only used 5 years from now.

@disolitude
Zelda is about whatever Miyamoto wants it to be about. People will just have to live with that. Also, Why the hell are you asking for tried ,tested ,and tiring things to be included in the game in the name of innovation? As if the scores of games which provide those things today arent enough for you? You want it implemented in every game you play?

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

BCrayfish said:
disolitude said:

How about he takes their influence on online play, mature games and console processing power next gen.

Why would he want to copy second and third place? 

Dude....... great answer.   =P

Sutil, but even better than the picture of STFU & GTFO.

BCrayfish said:
disolitude said:

Because they are robbing Wii owners of features other systems offer?

Because once all 3 systems have motion controls, Wii will be the least powerful, with worst online...etc

Wii owners are a funny bunch...they dont want features nintendo does feel like giving their users.

It doesn't piss you off that Wii will let you have a voice chat with your buddy and will introduce online features only when nintendo deems its substantially profitable to do so?  Like I cant play punch out with a buddy that lives 10 KM away... a flagship nintendo title, in 2009...thats kinda sad...

Around the Network
PSaiki said:
BCrayfish said:
disolitude said:

Dude....... great answer.   =P

Sutil, but even better than the picture of STFU & GTFO.

I double this. LOL.

if brawl had good online, it would be my favorite multiplayer game, but since it doesnt cod4 takes that title for me. please nintendo, get influenced by microsoft next gen in terms of online.

megaman79 said:
shit, you kidding? They know some gamers sit on coaches, hence the Black Wii MH3 bundled with trad. controller.

Im starting to think this 2nd half of the gen. is going to prove why audience expansion produces better core sales. Wait and see.

This almost makes me have hope that I can enjoy my Wii.  If Nintendo and more 3rd party developers make games that cater to the traditional control schemes (meaning they don't suck) it can seal the deal as it were and they can finally see 70% market share like the PS2 had.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

@Miyamoto:
Nice example of fair play and good manners. Although when you rule is so much easier to have style (But, again, when you rule you can also easily fall into arrogance and bad taste, just look at Ballmer, so, again, kudos for Miyamoto).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

disolitude said:
BCrayfish said:
disolitude said:

Because they are robbing Wii owners of features other systems offer?

Because once all 3 systems have motion controls, Wii will be the least powerful, with worst online...etc

Wii owners are a funny bunch...they dont want features nintendo does feel like giving their users.

It doesn't piss you off that Wii will let you have a voice chat with your buddy and will introduce online features only when nintendo deems its substantially profitable to do so?  Like I cant play punch out with a buddy that lives 10 KM away... a flagship nintendo title, in 2009...thats kinda sad...

So they should charge more and force consumers to buy features that they likely aren't even interested in?  You realize that is exactly what has hurt the sales for the ps3 right?

Are motion controls finally acceptable in gaming now that the ps3 is going to have it?

Some of your points are valid, but the reason Nintendo did so well this generation is because they aren't like the competition.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342