By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I've joined the Nintendo ranks again

Hapimeses said:
nordlead said:
Hapimeses said:
bardicverse said:
Its not for the kids, but my fav Wii game right now is Bully. LOTS of fun

Yeah, I know Bully, but never got around to picking it up on PS2. Is the Wii version any different? Worth buying instead of PS2 version?

I never played Bully, but Godfather: Blackhand edition is essentially the same kind of game (sandbox game) and was the best I've ever played. I never had more fun choking, beating and shooting people to death. I know, it sounds so horrible

No, it sounds like a good bit of gaming to me.

On that, for those that know, how do Wii games of this ilk compare to PS3 games of this ilk? Am I better sticking to PS3 games for this sort of stuff, or is there anything on the Wii worth checking out?

There are only like 3-4 sandbox games on Wii that I know of. People generally agree that Godfather Wii is by far the definitive version of Godfather and is one of the best sandbox games they have ever played solely due to the controls. I have no other recommendations for sandbox games on Wii. As bard pointed out he enjoyed bully, but it seems most people on this website didn't pick it up.

I beat the game in a single 2-week rental from blockbuster (yay for exploiting their policy )

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Hapimeses said:
superchunk said:
Hapimeses said:
hsrob said:
When it comes out, the Metroid Trilogy. Three awesome, challenging games for the price of one.

Yeah, this looks like a good buy to me. Embarrasingly, I've never played a Metroid game in my life (I really not sure how I repeatedly missed them), so this will be a good way to finally dip my toes in the water. Thanks for the recommendation.

If you have never played any, definitely buy Super Metroid for 800 pts on the VC. Absolutely one of the greatest games on SNES.

Gah! Points. I hate points. I've grown to used to the PS3 and real money. I suppose I best go check out how much those little buggers cost. Anyway, thanks for the recommendation; I'll go take a look once I have the points thing worked out. Did I mention that I hate points?

Well 100 points = 1 USD.... I don't know how that works out in Euros or Pounds, though. It varies from region to region.

I'd still say it's worth it, though.

Right, so that doesn't really help me get my head around it. Actually, thinking on this, can I buy cards for cheaper if I shop around? That sounds like it may help me get over all this fake money nonsense. Why couldn't Nintendo just tell me how much I'm spending in real money, damnit?

<Andy sits and grumbles in a corner>

No More Heroes! Glorious over-the-top nonsensical slashing, great style and a neat sense of humor! :D

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Yeah, you can usually buy cards on the cheap if you shop around a bit, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Also here's a Trauma Center trailer:

It's a surgery game. "New Blood" has co-op, if that's your bag.

donathos said:

Yeah, Boom Blox Bash Party is a pretty solid recommendation, especially for a game that the whole family can play (my wife loves the original).  Also, Mario Kart Wii is a must.  The game comes with a wheel, but the wheel is basically a cut out that you stick a remote in--you don't need it to play, but I love using it!

One game I haven't seen mentioned so far, but I think it's a great investment, is Link's Crossbow Training.  It's basically a Duck Hunt/target practice game, where you can compete with friends for high scores, but I've had a ton of fun playing it.  It's not expensive.

You might also *consider* Big Brain Academy.  It's not a game that I'd recommend straight-up to another gamer--it's a series of mini-games designed to get people to think fast--but, again, my wife loves it, and as a father you might be interested in checking it out for your kids.

I already have Brain Training on the PS3, so I think that'll do me fine. As for Link's Crossbow Training: isn't that the game with the peripheral (I know, more ignorance again)? Do any other games use it?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Hapimeses said:
Dazkarieh said:
Hapimeses said:
TripleMMM said:
Try getting Strikers Charged!

Never heard of it. If you don't mind me asking, what is it, and what makes it so awesome?

Honestly, is freaking awesome. What makes it like that? Gameplay + Online. Offline in this game is non-existing. But the gameplay allows you so many possibilities, different styles of play, tricks to master, etc, that if you're in to it, you won't even notice.

I have arround 650 hours of gameplay in MSCF and I can tell you that's with much pleasure I pick him up at least once a week.

So, what sort of game is it? Sorry, my ignorance shining through again.

It's a football (soccer) game with Mario characters. Very pick-up-and-play friendly, good for kids and family, and immensely fun. Up to four players.

As I mentioned to Nordlead, I'm not a football fan at all, so I can easily miss this, especially as I have a bunch of multi-player games for fun. Still, if enough people recommend it, I may have to reconsider if it is really that good.

NunedQ said:
for mario kart wii, you don't need more wheels

you can play with a nunchuck, gamecube controller, or the wiimote on the side (tilt control).

the wii wheel is just a plastic case to make tilt more fun

Perfect. Thanks for that.

Khuutra said:
FIre Emblem: Radiant Dawn is awesome, but you should pick up Path of Radiance before that if that's your kind of thing. Radiant Dawn is the sequel - Path of Radiance is a Gamecube game, but since you have a Wii that isn't a problem, I suppose.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=67515

Here is a topic where some of the Fire Emblem fanatics gather.

Cool. Looks like me have have a winner. I'll check that out properly later. Is Path of Radiance hard to find?

Hapimeses said:

As for Link's Crossbow Training: isn't that the game with the peripheral (I know, more ignorance again)? Do any other games use it?

It does have a "gun."  But, like the Wheel, the gun really is just a plastic case, and it's not necessary to play this or any other game (i.e. you can just use the Wiimote+nunchuck).

But yeah, other games, like Umbrella Chronicles, do have preset control schemes that are designed to take advantage of the gun... but it's never the only way to play any of 'em.

Hapimeses said:
Khuutra said:
FIre Emblem: Radiant Dawn is awesome, but you should pick up Path of Radiance before that if that's your kind of thing. Radiant Dawn is the sequel - Path of Radiance is a Gamecube game, but since you have a Wii that isn't a problem, I suppose.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=67515

Here is a topic where some of the Fire Emblem fanatics gather.

Cool. Looks like me have have a winner. I'll check that out properly later. Is Path of Radiance hard to find?

Depends on how much you want to pay and where you live. I found it for $20 used at a ebgames, but it took me months to track down. My cousins live in a much more populated area and found it imidiately at a ebgames.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)