By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I've joined the Nintendo ranks again

Prime trilogy, probably keep you busy until Other M.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
vonboysp said:
super mario galaxy.

and i think you should also get the new super mario bros wii that was just announced. classic 2d mario gameplay in 4-player co-op sounds right up your alley.

oh, and ,ario kart wii, great multiplayer and great online.

Yeah, it was about the only thing that really sparked my interest out of the Nintendo conference, excepting, perhaps, the new Wii Fit. As I mentioned above, Super Mario Galaxuy has been bought already, and Mario Kart Wii does look tempting. Is it really worth it? How fuzzy are the controls, if at all?

hsrob said:
When it comes out, the Metroid Trilogy. Three awesome, challenging games for the price of one.

Yeah, this looks like a good buy to me. Embarrasingly, I've never played a Metroid game in my life (I really not sure how I repeatedly missed them), so this will be a good way to finally dip my toes in the water. Thanks for the recommendation.

As everyone has said

SUPER MARIO GALAXY

Hapimeses said:
hsrob said:
When it comes out, the Metroid Trilogy. Three awesome, challenging games for the price of one.

Yeah, this looks like a good buy to me. Embarrasingly, I've never played a Metroid game in my life (I really not sure how I repeatedly missed them), so this will be a good way to finally dip my toes in the water. Thanks for the recommendation.

If you have never played any, definitely buy Super Metroid for 800 pts on the VC. Absolutely one of the greatest games on SNES.

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Galaxy and Mario Kart. You can check my game collection for other great games.

Nice collection you have there. Are all those Wii games really essential purchase? If you had to choose just 5 (not including titles I already have), which do you think you'd have to play? I'm trying to pick two or three more games to have a mess around with, and a big list of twenty, when I'm not fully conversant with the games at hand, is a little hard to consider.

NJ5 said:
nordlead said:
Galaxy and Mario Kart. You can check my game collection for other great games.

This plus Metroid Prime 3 wait for Metroid Prime Trilogy instead.

Yeah, it seems to be an essential purchase from what I've been reading and what people are recommending. Do you really think I'll play all three, or is bordom likely to set in? I.e.: are the really similar, or very different games? Sorry for the noob questions, but Metroid is still a bit of a mystery to me.

Hapimeses said:
vonboysp said:
super mario galaxy.

and i think you should also get the new super mario bros wii that was just announced. classic 2d mario gameplay in 4-player co-op sounds right up your alley.

Yeah, it was about the only thing that really sparked my interest out of the Nintendo conference, excepting, perhaps, the new Wii Fit. As I mentioned above, Super Mario Galaxuy has been bought already, and Mario Kart Wii does look tempting. Is it really worth it? How fuzzy are the controls, if at all?

MKWii is totally worth it. For $50, I've gotten 100's of hours of entertainment with my wife and friends. As for controls, I strictly play with the Wii Wheel in karts and I managed to get up above 8000VR which at that point you are typically the highest ranked when you play online. If you like the bikes, the Wheel has its downsides as you have to pull up to do a wheelie which sometimes causes you to not drive straight.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Hapimeses said:
vonboysp said:
super mario galaxy.

The tilt controls are a little rough, mostly just because you need to jerk the wiimote to do tricks or wheelies. It works pretty good if you use a kart instead of a bike.

Personally, I prefer to play with a nunchuk. Options are good.

You really should get Mario Kart. It's possibly the most fun game on the Wii, with 4 player local and excellent online play. There's a reason it's the best-selling racing game of all time.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime Trilogy
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mario Kart Wii
Wario Land: Shake It!
Punch-Out!!

Once it comes around, you should definitely pick up NSMBWii too, for family fun.

I know nothing of Wario Land: Shake It! Any reason it's so good? What's it involve?