By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: "The best Final Fantasy game can only be an MMORPG"

12:13 A: Our plan from the beginning was to make the best Final Fantasy game available. That is our vision for XIV. Then we thought, how can we make the best FF game and we came to the conclusion that it would be an MMORPG. It was decided to make the best FF first, then led to the decision to make it an MMORG and use that genre.

http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696020/Live-Blog-Square-Enix-E3-2009-Press-Conference.html

Around the Network

I don't think so, but go ahead and dazzle me, SE.

Square lost their mind confirmed!

If they really think an MMO is the best choice..then I have no idea where the hell their brains are!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

i think there is nothing wrong with that statement
as the RPG getting more and more complicated, i would rather play it with other gamers in the co-op mode than letting AI control my teammates
at the mean time, if they also include single player mode in the game, that's a winning formula to me

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Please need to give this a chance.......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Well to them an MMO is the best choice! If then can get the standard FF fans to all migrate over, thats like $15 x 8 million (safe estimate) per month!

But I agree, FF does not make much sense as an MMO.

No offence, but that quotation is taken out of context. It's not SE who said that, it was those involved with this game. It's called marketing.

They are not saying the pricing structure yet, so I still have an open mind about it

They knew in advance they needed a MMORPG. It's the only way they can have 3 simultaneous FF in the work.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

is like they are putting all energy on this game and there is no quality left for others so everything else but this will suck?

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection