By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 2 Beta is A M A Z I N G !!!

They fixed everything that was wrong with the first game...and improved on it more than any sequel Ive ever played before.

Look - you might think I'm a fanboy. But I've played (and own) Halo, Gears of War, KillZone 2, CoD, etc.

NONE of them match this game. It's an entirely new type of multiplayer. It's most comparable to Gears of War multiplayer.... But Uncharted 2 has stealth, jumping, climbing, shimmying. It adds so much more to the gameplay. Gears feels so stiff and one-dimensional compared to Uncharted 2.

I cant even describe how satisfying it was to climb up a small building, shoot one enemy in the head while still hanging on the ledge of the roof...then sneak up and break his friends neck from behind.. then pick up his sniper rifle, and start taking the rest of his team out. 

Another thing that really impressed me about this game is.... THE GUNS.

Unlike Killzone 2 and Gears of War, where everybody is using the same guns over and over (mainly the shotgun)...the guns in Uncharted 2 are very well balanced. Everyone uses different weapons.

You're allowed 1 hand gun and 1 rifle. So far Ive seen:

Hand Guns:

-Standard issue handgun. Nothing special here folks. Move along.
-Desert Eagle. This gun is a BEAST! You only get 8 shots, but they will do good damage.
-The defender. Probably good for stealth. I saw these in the co-op mode, but not the multiplayer mode.
-The Uzi. Good rate of fire, but bad recoil.

Rifles:
-AK47. This is what you start off with in every game.
-FAL.
My personal favorite. Has a good Zoom In feature to it, so you can nail head shots from a distance. Semi automatic assault rifle.
-Sniper Rifle. Rare and hard to find... but when you get it, and climb onto a rooftop...you're in great position to kill off your enemies.
-Shotgun. I think there's only 1 on each map. So if you find it, you're lucky. They're good for close range combat. Thank god, its not like some other games where you can shoot someone with the shotgun from 40 ft away and still kill them with one shot lol.
-Grenade launcher. Rare as well. High powered. Raise hell with this weapon.

Edit: There is also a portable chaingun.... slows your character down alot when walking with it.... take a while to get it to fire, but theres tons of ammo for it and your literally spraying bullets all over the place. It's awesome.

In addition, you get grenades, and there are also gas tanks sitting around that you can pick up and throw, then shoot them in mid air to explode on your enemy!!

Another thing to mention is that it's realistic. When hanging onto something, or when holding a riot shield... you are only able to use your handgun (since your other hand is occupied).

This game is gonna be a MUST HAVE for all Ps3 owners. Seriously.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network

I am too am enjoying the beta and can;t wait for this to come out

Hey guys, if you have the Beta... leave you PSN here and I'll add you to my list... Hopefully we can get a game going later on.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

I thought the co-op was amazing, far more so than the multiplayer, but for some reason it has basically stopped working, I have deleted it and I am going to redownload it, I just could not play any matches after a while I gave it like 10 minutes to join at points...

Additional Info:

-Was over 2000 playing the Beta last night...and that was at 3am.

-Co-op beta is also included in this. WTF!! What a pleasant surprise. The co-op takes you through "NEPAL WARZONE" which is the area that is shown in the gameplay footage that was released a few weeks ago. It plays well and seems pretty hard actually. Has some L4D elements to the co-op!

-PLUNDER is Uncharted 2's version of capture the flag in multiplayer. Again... a unique spin on an old game mode. In other multiplayer capture the flag games, people seemingly dash for the flag and then reckless rush out towards the goal. In PLUNDER, however, once you grab the treasure your character is slowed down due to the heavy object in your hand.... you then have to THROW the treasure... often times having to take it up to the second floor of the building. Since you obviously cant climb with it in your hand, you throw it up, and then climb up to retrieve it and put it in the goal. Pretty cool.

Around the Network

how did grafix add up

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
how did grafix add up

absolutely stunning.

This type of game even getting multiplayer was quite surprising. It's not easy to combine two genres like they do - Tomb Raider platforming with shooting action - in an online multiplayer.

So far it's reallt impressive (and underhyped compared to the KZ2 craze).

how much health to you have online? as resistance 2 i feel you have to much health, but cod is the right amount.

Now playing: Gta4(ps3)I live in hope that one day cross game voice chat will come to the ps3

I started the download this morning, but will have to wait till i get home tonight to try it out. I'm afraid this will put me off buying infamous for a month or so.

PSN: GripnRip

Always up to game.

Get your Portable ID!