By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So who's going to win The NBA Finals?

Conspiracy Theory:

Where is Disneyland Located?

LA.

Where is Disneyworld Located

Orlando.

Who is broadcasting the finals?

ABC.

Who owns ABC?

Disney DUM DUM DUM!!!!

Around the Network

4-1 Lakeshow. This one ain't gonna be close.

I was hoping for a Lebron/Kobe showdown but that isn't going to happen. With that said, the Lakers are going to smash the Magic.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Kasz216 said:

I hope Orlando.

It means Lebron will be more likely to stay in cleveland.

Also... i honestly hate Kobe Bryant. I think he's way overrated. I think it's ridicilious that people place him above the logo and Magic Johnson.

Heck I think you're crazy if you'd take Kobe in his prime over Shaq in his prime when building your team.

Kobe is just boosted up because their are so few great shooting guards because it's the easiest position in the NBA.  More talented guys are shifted to the Point or SF.

MJ, West and Kobe are exceptions.  SG is for your one dimensional players who can only score.

Wow, full of fail. Kobe is one of the greatest players of the era. Is he Magic or The Logo (you should capitalize that, BTW)? No, but he's the shadow of Jordan. The most amazing player of the early 2000's. Underrate him all you want but without him, Shaq doesn't win those titles. Without Shaq, Kobe doesn't win those titles.

And obviously, you'll take a dominant big man like Shaq over Kobe in a draft unless you're retarded. Dominant big men are a rarity. The same way you'd take Wilt over Robertson. It's a no-brainer.

That doesn't mean that Kobe is overrated. It just means that he's the key piece to a championship puzzle. A small man doesn't win championships without a good to great surrounding cast.

rocketpig said:
Kasz216 said:

I hope Orlando.

It means Lebron will be more likely to stay in cleveland.

Also... i honestly hate Kobe Bryant. I think he's way overrated. I think it's ridicilious that people place him above the logo and Magic Johnson.

Heck I think you're crazy if you'd take Kobe in his prime over Shaq in his prime when building your team.

Kobe is just boosted up because their are so few great shooting guards because it's the easiest position in the NBA.  More talented guys are shifted to the Point or SF.

MJ, West and Kobe are exceptions.  SG is for your one dimensional players who can only score.

Wow, full of fail. Kobe is one of the greatest players of the era. Is he Magic or The Logo (you should capitalize that, BTW)? No, but he's the shadow of Jordan. The most amazing player of the early 2000's. Underrate him all you want but without him, Shaq doesn't win those titles. Without Shaq, Kobe doesn't win those titles.

And obviously, you'll take a dominant big man like Shaq over Kobe in a draft unless you're retarded. Dominant big men are a rarity. The same way you'd take Wilt over Robertson. It's a no-brainer.

That doesn't mean that Kobe is overrated. It just means that he's the key piece to a championship puzzle. A small man doesn't win championships without a good to great surrounding cast.

If the dominant bigman is more valuable... is he not the better player? 

If only a retarded person would take Kobe over Shaq... how the hell is Kobe a better player then Shaq?

Kobe is in the top 50 of all time... but he's a lot lower in the rankings then people put him.

Most people currently consider him 2nd in PG and one of the best 5 players to ever play the game.  That's ridiculious.

Show me a person who puts Kobe in the top 5 of all time and I will personally Russian-slap them until they die. It may take awhile but I'm that tenacious.

Yes, big men are more valuable. That's obvious. Look at the NBA. That doesn't mean that Kobe and a decent big man (or men, in this case) isn't one of the best players in the history of the NBA.

As a 4, he's amazing. The sick thing is that he's only getting better. Watch the games, he's a different player. He stuffs everyone and then goes up and rips on the offensive side.

There's a reason why most teams play a 3 or 2 on him. It's not a matter of "stopping", it's a matter of "containing". 

Around the Network
rocketpig said:

Show me a person who puts Kobe in the top 5 of all time and I will personally Russian-slap them until they die. It may take awhile but I'm that tenacious.

Yes, big men are more valuable. That's obvious. Look at the NBA. That doesn't mean that Kobe and a decent big man (or men, in this case) isn't one of the best players in the history of the NBA.

As a 4, he's amazing. The sick thing is that he's only getting better. Watch the games, he's a different player. He stuffs everyone and then goes up and rips on the offensive side.

There's a reason why most teams play a 3 or 2 on him. It's not a matter of "stopping", it's a matter of "containing". 

You mean as a 2.   1 is PG 5 is Center.

As for people who do that... lots of people do.  He was just named the 2nd best SG of all time.  Jerry West said he could still pass Jordan.  

Though that may of been to make up for the fact that west said that Kobe Bryant's been the 2nd best player in the league since 2003 when Lebron James was drafted.

Which was even further then he went when he originally said that Lebron was better then Kobe this year.

Would you take Kobe over Magic though?  I wouldn't. 

Also, if big men are more valuable... they're better players. If when building a team you would rather have Shaq in his prime then Kobe.... Shaq is the better player.

If you judged how good they were by adjusting for position some Place Kicker might be the best kicker in the NFL... or you could make an arguement that Spud Webb was the greatest ever because he did so well being so short.

Kasz216 said:
rocketpig said:

You mean as a 2.   1 is PG 5 is Center.

As for people who do that... lots of people do.  He was just named the 2nd best SG of all time.  Jerry West said he could still pass Jordan.  

Though that may of been to make up for the fact that west said that Kobe Bryant's been the 2nd best player in the league since 2003 when Lebron James was drafted.

Which was even further then he went when he originally said that Lebron was better then Kobe this year.

Would you take Kobe over Magic though?  I wouldn't. 

I'd take Magic first. A PG of his size is invaluable. But it's a close call. The only reason I'd take Magic first is because you can find a mediocre shooting guard to play alongside Magic and it's still a winning situation.

Magic was an oddity, though. He was a once-in-a-lifetime player.

Kasz216 said:

Also, if big men are more valuable... they're better players. If when building a team you would rather have Shaq in his prime then Kobe.... Shaq is the better player.

If you judged how good they were by adjusting for position some Place Kicker might be the best kicker in the NFL... or you could make an arguement that Spud Webb was the greatest ever because he did so well being so short.

Guys like Shaq are rarer, not necessarily better. The point is that you can find a "good enough" shooting guard to go alongside a big man while it's harder to find an effective center to go with a great guard.

You have to adjust for position. Removing position from the argument makes no sense whatsover. You can't judge a player without considering position, length of time played, and his contemporaries.

rocketpig said:
Kasz216 said:

Guys like Shaq are rarer, not necessarily better. The point is that you can find a "good enough" shooting guard to go alongside a big man while it's harder to find an effective center to go with a great guard.

You have to adjust for position. Removing position from the argument makes no sense whatsover. You can't judge a player without considering position, length of time played, and his contemporaries.

Guys like Shaq are rarer?  No.  They're just more valuable.  Great Shooting Guards are rarer.

There are more great Centers then there are Shooting Guards.

You've got Jordan in one tier.  West and Byrant in a second tier... then George Gervin in a third... then who?  Allen Iverson? 

Now great Centers... you can name tons.  Kareem, Shaq, Russel, Wilt, Olajuwan....

There are tons of Centers at the top of their game in comparison.

You would take Shaq over Kobe.  You would not take Shaq over MJ though.

If a shooting guard isn't as important as a center then the shooting guard is going to have to be a hell of a lot better then the center to be considered a better player.

Nobody is going to argue that Adam Vinatari is more valuable then Tom Brady because Vinatari is better at his position then Tom Brady is as it his.