By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 NEEDS new and original exclusives

While I would never turn down new IP, it's not like these franchises have been done to death. Most of those games listed have a 2 after them - not a 12 or XXIV or what have you. And the one that has the most - Halo - could have dozens as far as I am concerned. (Yes, please.) It's not like the billionth Mario or Ratchet game - though those are good examples that if you do it well, so what if it;s number 100 in a series? It's still fun and there are fresh elements to each one.

I'm not overly concerned.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network
thx1139 said:

The one thing that Forza 3 has that GT5 doesnt is a release date.  I wonder if Forza 5 will release the same date as GT5.

I'm sorry you're satisfied with the shitting out Forza's so often. But me....I know quality takes time. Just look at MGS4

BMaker11 said:
thx1139 said:

The one thing that Forza 3 has that GT5 doesnt is a release date.  I wonder if Forza 5 will release the same date as GT5.

I'm sorry you're satisfied with the shitting out Forza's so often. But me....I know quality takes time. Just look at MGS4

I am thinking the Cell is delaying all those PS3 games.

Alan Wake looked very poor in comparison to the most recent videos for Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, God of War 3, Assassin's Creed 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, The Last Guardian, The Other M, The Saboteur, Resident Evil Dark Chronicles. It is very far down the list of the most exciting action adventure game at E3. And what is it doing tell its story in different episodes? Trying to emulate the last Alone in the Dark?

BMaker11 said:
thx1139 said:

Well the first Forza was better than GT4 and Forza 2 was a very good improvement.  In reality althought GT5 will probably sell much better Forza 3 will still hold up and possibly surpass GT5. Well I guess unless you want to drive a Chevy Vega.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
thx1139 said:

I don't play either one, so I have no idea what the relative quality of the series are other than hearsay and reviews, but I would much rather have Forza 2 and Forza 3 over 2.5 years and be playing the games rather than GT Prologue and a bunch of screenshots over four years.

Even if the game is only 85% as good or whatever.  At least I have a game.  They were using GT5 to hype the PS3 in May of 2005!!!!!!  That was 4 years ago and it's still not here.  At the original E3 showing they used GT:HD or whatever they were calling it to sell us all boxes.  Well damn.  If I had bought my PS3 to play that game, I'd be pissed, not praising them for the quality of something I've never played yet.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Undying said:

http://instantrimshot.com/

O my.... I think I just fell in love with you from that link alone... (call me) LMFAO

I'm emailing it to my work E-mail and using it till peoples ears bleed...

_________

Topic: like stated above, many of 360 games are going on 3, with a couple of exceptions obviously..

Should take a look at other companies and how they milk some exclusives..

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Ssliasil said:

Can only stay above the competition for so long with just shooters and zombie Games.

Alan Wake...eh, kinda dissapointing, wont lie to ya.

With Gran Turismo having over double the forza 3 car count and tracks...Thats some pretty stiff competition.

What kind of game would you like to see, to give your something "New"?

Sorry but Forza is about quality, and not quantity of car/track.

I was very impressed with Alan Wake, and with games like Crackdown 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction...come on bro, lol. Those games looked good....

Sorry we can't all have Mario Kart PS3.

Anyway, what about that new XBLA title from Epic? That was very inventive and cool. Hell man, I think MS had the best NEW software at the show, with the possible exception of the PSP.

Plus all these multiplats. Bayonetta, FFXIII, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, Tekken, MW2. Even games like Forza 3 looked great. Man, MS has good stuff on the 360 thru 2010. Do you disagree with that!?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

BMaker11 said:
thx1139 said:

The one thing that Forza 3 has that GT5 doesnt is a release date. I wonder if Forza 5 will release the same date as GT5.

You have fun playing with your time, I'm going to go play some games.

Serious question, with the recent wave of release date announcements what is the PS3's holiday line up looking like? Besides Uncharted 2, which by the way looks amazing, wha else is coming out?

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers