By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best E3 Conference Vote!!!

Good stuff all around. I Say tie! (But if ou asked me to declare a winner, I'll go with Microsoft, followed a smidge by Nintendo.)

Was more impressed with Xbox360 Motion Control then Sony's... just based on novelty I guess. Love the fact they added the social netwroking, and they got the new MGS (Exclusive or no?) MAG looks like fun, GOW3 is a no-brainer. FFXIV I don't think was that huge, unless you were big into XI.

Always been a big Nintendo fan, so New Super Mario Bros, and the rest will all be bought when they come out.
Liking God of Metroid too =)

Miyamoto is doing a roundtable again this year.
He revealed Smash Bros at one of those. I think maybe Pikmin 3 gets shown.

Also... looks like the internet is going crazy that KH3 will be announced in some way before the show is done.
That would be cool (Even though I have no interest in buying it... It is a hot property, and it will be worth it going to Nintendo just to read the forums =D

PSP Go... I will actually pass on.
DS - COP Looks great! Cool they added facebook there as well.

Hope the games are as fun to play as they look.
Already preordered Tiger Woods 10 for Wii.
Hoping the Motion Plus works well.

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Torillian said:
I would say Microsoft on an objective level. They showed the most and had some surprised while still keeping mostly focussed on what people there wanted to see.

Sony definitely would've won if nothing had been leaked, seeing Trico for the first time along with the PSPgo, MGS on PSP, and GT Portable would've been insane, but unfortunately they suck at not letting things out of the bag.

Nintendo spent too much time boring me to be honest, they're tied with Sony.

But we're not talking about the conference itself...we're just talking about the games announced and shown.

Anyway, for me it's Nintendo, then Sony, then MS.

I read no condition that I had to ignore shitty pacing in the conferences.

Regardless, even if I solely look at what was announced and shown, Ninty spent far too much time talking about the DS and then talking about Wii Sports Resort when they talked about Wii.  SMG2, NSMB, and Metroid are great, but three games don't win a conference.  rest they did was show stuff already officially anounced and prove that FFCC isn't vaporware

If you're just looking at anouncements then Sony showed the next Ico game, FF14, Agent, and a Mario Kart DIY ripoff.  I think that's enough to counteract some heavily suspected Ninty titles, so they're tied for me, though if Trico hadn't been leaked it would've won me over probably.

MS definitely won, just think of all the games they showed and announced, I can't see it being a question objectively.

Nintendo. Too much awesome for me to handle.

3 way tie, all of them have great news for the people that own or will own their consoles, or handhelds, Either way I'm happy this year.

^_^

More important than who won, I would say none of them did badly this year. I didn't watch the MS one but the Sony and Nintendo ones both had some huge lulls but they were all good so that's the important part.

In my opinion, I think Nintendo has the best keynote. They showed us exactly what we wanted to see, they showed new games, they showed people playing the games, and they even surprised us.

The Nintendo Show

We have two new Mario games: the New Super Mario Wii looks amazing even if I don't think it will have online and then they go and one up themselves and give us Super Mario Galaxy 2 for next year! On top of that, they even showed some much appreciated Mario and Luigi footage, that's great! They went into a little more depth with the WM+ which was one of the lower points but it was still cool.

The lowest point of Nintendo's show was easily Iwata and made even worse by ending with the vitality sensor. I'm sure Nintendo has some good ideas for it but they didn't really show anything with it. They sold Wii Fit to us because they showed one of its uses but they just didn't do that with the sensor.

Ontop of all that, we saw Wii Fit Plus which is kind of cool and a crapload of HUGE DS games. I wasn't interested in nearly all of those games but it was still entertaining to watch.

And then of course how do they end the show? With the freaking insane Metroid announcement. That right there did so much to win Nintendo the show.

Congrats Nintendo, you definitely improved in every way last year and gave us exactly what we wanted.

So who do I think finished next? Microsoft!

The Microsoft Show

Sadly I wasn't able to watch this one but read the announcements and they all sounded cool. I won't go into depth because I didn't see the show live but Natal was a huge crowd pleaser, they announced some cool games, gave us Left 4 Dead 2, and just made the show about the gamers while keeping us entertained.

It was just a well done show that did a great job at keeping people entertained. Other than the Metal Gear announcement there weren't any huge surprises but that doesn't matter, it was just a good show.

And now that leaves us to...

The Sony Show

Like I said above, everyone had a good show. Sony blew me away with the Uncharted 2 footage, their new kart racer builder looks awesome, and they did just a good job of showing us games.

Beyond that though, it just wasn't that good. Just about everything they showed us we either knew about because they can't keep a secret or it's because we've just known about the games for a long time.

They had the R* announcement but it was nothing more than a name which does nothing to get me excited, instead, they showed us Assassin's Creed 2. Who cares?

They also showed us that ridiculous new controller which to be fair could be nice but it's just too little too late. They showed us a poorly done tech demo that does everything the the WM+ already does and it's coming out next year (if you believe that).

But the thing that annoyed me the most about Sony's show was that it was 1 1/2 hours when it really should have been only one hour. There was just so much filler in there and I was often bored. Like I said, still good show when they were showing things, but there were those gaming montages or commercial for Home I saw last month, or talks about numbers, and just other stuff I don't care about. They would have done much better leaving out the filler and just giving us a shorter show.

Around the Network

FFXIII on 360 in 2010

Kingdom Hearts to Wii/DS

FFXIV to PS3

seems to me big winner of E3 is Square/Enix

Either Nintendo or Microsoft.

Well, i don't judge just based soley on the conferences but on the whole event. and thus right now it's a tie between Ms and Nintendo with Sony pacing behind, but if Miyamoto pulls something out of his sleaves in the next days and if SE does onfirm tommorow a Kh game for the wii then Nintendo will be the sole winner of the whole show.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

Nintendo, because SMG2 and Metroid are so Awesome!!! And Golden Sun makes it perfect to me. Microsoft second place because their only exlusive I'm really exited about is Splinter Cell and I don't like Natal that much, but I think it was okay. Sony did not show much new, only FF14 wich is a MMO (and I don't like MMO's)... So third place for Sony!

M$ brought the house down again...just like last year!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder