By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why FF14 is the BIGGEST announcement of E3........

It doesn't matter to some people, mainly 360 fans as they didn't really play FFXI alot, it was a late port to 360. But as a player for FFXI online for over 4 yrs, this is a Megaton for me! It floored me. Whether online or not, this rocked!

Around the Network

Carl2291 said:
Its a main series Final Fantasy game.
Its huge.

Its once again exclusive.
^
Thats huge.

Its releasing next year.
^
Once again... that is huge.

Just like FF XI

oh wait..

The reason Xbox fans don't care about 14 is because it's an MMO. Simple as that. Xbox fans loved 13 coming to 360 because it's a regular Final Fantasy. There is no mystery or double standards. A lot of console owners don't play MMO's and don't want to. What's so hard to understand about that?

Edit:  If Final Fantasy 14 wasn't an MMO, I gaurantee that Xbox fans would be crying.

sc94597 said:
AkibaFan said:
@sc

how about we compare PS2's ONLINE USERBASE to Ps3's ONLINE USERBASE?

How much of that userbase will be willing to pay a monthly subscription? How much of that userbase would play an MMO opposed to a traditional Japanese RPG? What mmos have been succesful, let alone console mmos? If we are going to include factors the one mentioned by you how about we include all of them.

@Zezlar I doubt FFXIV will have the quality Final Fantasy devs when they are working on XIII(the much better, and more important game). Even Versus a spinoff is more important than this.

How much of that userbase wouldn't be willing to pay a monthly subscriptions ? your asking questions neither you or the person your asking could even atempt to answer.

There are hundreds of succesful MMO's on the PC platofrm , and there isn't a genere on the PC which hasn't made a succesful transition onto the console market except MMO's but this was because of the technical limitations of the PS2 , in order to get online in those days you'd need to have pretty good technical know how.

There hasn't been alot of MMO's on the consoles that is true , but that isn't due to a lack of demand (the PC market quite clearly shows there is demand from the hardcore gamer) Developers have just failed to capitalise on the opportunity availible , but when one dev expeirences success of in a new market , the rest will come pilling in. You can't use a lack of MMO's as an argument for a lack of interest in MMO's , there have been NO high budget MMO's released , no MMO current gen MMO has ever had a respectable level of marketing and promotion in comparison to your average blockbuster game. It's a failiure on the developers part and one the are pretty much capitilising on now.

FF14 won't have the production values of FF13 , that's certain but that doesn't mean it won't have as large a follow , be equaly or even more profitable and for greater periods of time .

FFXI and FFXIV aren't "real" Final Fantasy games. They're online MMO games.

Crystal Bearers is more of a traditional FF game than those are.

Around the Network

FF11 has a rather large userbase still to this day. Maybe you guys should do research before putting it down.

FF14 will be huge.

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

Million said:
sc94597 said:
AkibaFan said:
@sc

how about we compare PS2's ONLINE USERBASE to Ps3's ONLINE USERBASE?

How much of that userbase will be willing to pay a monthly subscription? How much of that userbase would play an MMO opposed to a traditional Japanese RPG? What mmos have been succesful, let alone console mmos? If we are going to include factors the one mentioned by you how about we include all of them.

@Zezlar I doubt FFXIV will have the quality Final Fantasy devs when they are working on XIII(the much better, and more important game). Even Versus a spinoff is more important than this.

How much of that userbase wouldn't be willing to pay a monthly subscriptions ? your asking questions neither you or the person your asking could even atempt to answer.

There are hundreds of succesful MMO's on the PC platofrm , and there isn't a genere on the PC which hasn't made a succesful transition onto the console market except MMO's but this was because of the technical limitations of the PS2 , in order to get online in those days you'd need to have pretty good technical know how.

There hasn't been alot of MMO's on the consoles that is true , but that isn't due to a lack of demand (the PC market quite clearly shows there is demand from the hardcore gamer) Developers have just failed to capitalise on the opportunity availible , but when one dev expeirences success of in a new market , the rest will come pilling in. You can't use a lack of MMO's as an argument for a lack of interest in MMO's , there have been NO high budget MMO's released , no MMO current gen MMO has ever had a respectable level of marketing and promotion in comparison to your average blockbuster game. It's a failiure on the developers part and one the are pretty much capitilising on now.

FF14 won't have the production values of FF13 , that's certain but that doesn't mean it won't have as large a follow , be equaly or even more profitable and for greater periods of time .

I agree 100% with what you are saying.  I also think it will sell a lot better than what FFXI did just because of the reason AkibaFan mentioned. What I don't agree with is that this is the game that decided Sony as "winner" of E3 or that this is the best announcement of E3. While yes it is big, it is not anywhere close to a single player Final Fantasy title.

I could not be LESS interested in FF14. If I want to play an MMO, I would play WoW. I don't, so I won't. Still looking forward to VERSUS. Where in the hell was it during the show?

We dont even know how its going to play people. i think its the biggest announcement we have heard out of e3

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

FF14 will follow the same release pattern FF11 did, PC/PS3 at launch, and then a 360 version much later.