By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The GT Trolling thread, Why?

superchunk said:

I just looked it up. Stof locked it.

Here's his quote

"I realize that both parties have requested that the thread stay open. But that doesn't actually make the thread any more acceptable. This is a pointless pissing match. And it's over now."

Thanks superchunk, how do you get into deleted threads anyways?

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
superchunk said:

Here's his quote

"I realize that both parties have requested that the thread stay open. But that doesn't actually make the thread any more acceptable. This is a pointless pissing match. And it's over now."

Stof and CK are by far the best mods, by far and away and this post by stof is exactly why.

Sqrl said:
superchunk said:

Here's his quote

Thanks superchunk, how do you get into deleted threads anyways?

It's still  on the front page, what are you talking about? And in my post history.

Sqrl said:
Oh feel free to explain whats so awful about the thread,

Thats an open invitation to Super_etecoon, stever, etc..

The guy has been running around the site posting this stuff for ages and he is avoiding bannings with multiple accounts. So when he asks me to prove he is a troll I do it and now I am the bad guy for insisting that he eat his crow? This is no different than the crow eating thread which all of you seem to enjoy quite a bit, what has changed now?

Just because someone asks you to do something or approves of you doing it doesnt make it appropriate. Just you creating this second thread proves youre incapable of understanding how it was inappropriate. You just cant attack a poster on an open forum in such a way, its just an unwritten rule of online communities, you just dont do it.

I sent you a PM sqrl, and you bring it back to the forums even after a mod locked it, looks like you are flaming and trolling me. I even sent you a link to the thread so you could answer me in the PM.

Around the Network

I don't know why it was locked, but regardless, you shouldn't make a new topic to discuss why it was locked. If you've got a problem with the moderator's decision, talk to him about it, I assume shams or stof locked that one, so PM one of them.

And you can go back and check any locked thread. They're not deleted...just locked from any further posting. I'm going to lock this one now since we're done.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

From lurking for some time, the powers that be need to rethink some things. Theres something wrong and it needs to be fixed. I have not seen one sticky'd thread about rules and dos and do not's on here.

Soriku said:
Although ck trolls a lot...

Oh, just stop he does not. Soem people need to understand the difference between trolling and differing opinions, especially the OPer, since in the original thread a good chunk of GT's "trolling" was only him stating his opinion on Nintendo games or sales.......if being negative about nintendo is trolling on those forums then step on over to the Sony discussion and there will be a wasteland of banned posters.

Sqrl...what is wrong with this thread?

You are calling out the mods in public....and declaring censorship.

You violated one of the Forum Rules...which is that a post shouldn't be about a specific user.

Your post was a hate post that could have been forwarded to a moderator rather than put out for all to see.

Your thread was allowed to survive for for 23 posts. That should have been enough to get it out in the open and be done with it.

Gran Turismo does not have a serious crusade to become a moderator, just a slight twinge of anticipation that he is the right guy for the job. Your initial post in the PS3 Moderator thread was excellent. It fit well within context. You would have been getting applause for days. But you went to far and created a thread soley devoted to that subject. That is your first troll offense....then after that thread gets locked you point fingers at the moderators? Troll number 2. Sorry...but you went to far.