By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Project Natal - stolen PS3 Eye Toy ideas or improved ones?

After today`s Microsoft conference, well... i liked the demo of "Project Natal":

But that also reminded me This:

Though, This didn`t move more far, than just The Eye of Judgment & Eye Pet, but still:

And the funniest thing...

So, what do you people think? =)

p.s. Not to mention, that tomorrow, Sony may show more features for PS3 Eye Toy HD, well atleast some new footage of Eye Pet for sure.))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

I approve of this thread.

You know you actually are on to something, but here is the thing, the ps eye never got any of those features shown in any of those videos..

mM

They basically stole the technology and improved it alot. It does look nice, but it still needs improvments I think. That paint thing, and kick ball thing, was awful. Milo was pretty neat though.

NATAL has way more features then PS Eye

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
NATAL has way more features then PS Eye

True, they did improve it, but you can't deny that they pretty much stole the idea.

I mean look at that Eyepet video, they draw a picture and give it to the monkey thing, exactly the same thing they did in one of the NATAL demos. You can't tell me thats pure coincidence.

A shame sony never ran far with the pe eye :\

Check out my game about moles ^

leo-j said:
You know you actually are on to something, but here is the thing, the ps eye never got any of those features shown in any of those videos..

And the XBOX did?

Those features are a good 2 years away probably. That means that if at next years E3, Nintendo comes with a gadget with 3 cameras and better videos of what it's supposedly able to do, they will be the new the true Inovators, again, right?

I didn't reminded about this video. Found Eye Pet more impressive than the whole gimmick Natal presentation in my opinion.

Microsoft got in there first at E3. Anything Sony shows now will just seem like a rip off

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot