By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony IMO Opinion Have Met There Waterloo With 360

@reask

but you said SONY in the title

PSP is a games machine, I can play PSP games instead of playing on a 360 or PS3, so its a substitute & as important in my opinion

Around the Network
AkibaFan said:
@reask

but you said SONY in the title

PSP is a games machine, I can play PSP games instead of playing on a 360 or PS3, so its a substitute & as important in my opinion

Cluthing at straws comes to mind.

reask said:

I mean look at the E3 conference from MS, mind blowing.

I mean what will the cell have to counteract it.

Price cut no.

Promises yes.

I mean when is the killer blow going to come from Sony?

IMO MS are playing them like a fiddle.

I think you're overreactigng, the only thing that really impressed me was Alan Wake. As a matter of fact, if you want "mind blowing", look back at the end of last year's MS conference... now THAT was "mind blowing."

However, from a "core" gamer's perspective (and this is coming from someone that owns 3 consoles and a highend PC), the overall amount of footage shown still isn't as impressive as what Sony has already revealed for the PS3... but then again, I'm a GT nut, hate sandbox games and disliked Halo since 2.

bobobologna said:
Carl2291 said:
Well, apart from NATAL... and the obvious few exclusive games, what do SONY have to worry about?

They have a LOT of exclusives coming up... and plenty of un-announced games too.

Not to mension the obvious PS2/PSP/PSN stuff what will be revealed and talked about.

AND SONY aint yet used up GT5 or GoW3 or Slimline.

Yes, they have a lot of exclusives.  But can you tell me of any Sony franchises that are 5+ million sellers other than the GT series?  So far, the biggest games on the PS platforms have been third party games (RE, DMC, FF, etc) and all of those are now multiplatform.  So really, is there anything Sony can announce that can come close to matching Gears of War or Halo?

I honestly doubt that GT5 will be the system seller everyone would have it be.  God of War 3 isn't a system seller.  Hell, Gears of War 1 has outsold both God of War 1 and God of War 2 COMBINED.  Trico is going to be awesome.  But it's not going to be a system seller, or even a best seller.

Sony needs to pull out an amazing new franchise out of their bag of tricks if they want any hope of regaining some momentum against the XBox360.

You lost credibility when i got to that part.

Why don't we wait for Sony to announce something before everyone gets retarded, shall we? How can you declare things over before Sony and Nintendo show anything? Jesus....

Around the Network

I had a game in which you moved your head from side to side to avoid creatures in a game. There is no stealing, just improving.

Good news Everyone!

I've invented a device which makes you read this in your head, in my voice!

OP says MS are winning against Sony, while they have yet to show anything. Incredible. Wait until tomorrow to declare the winner.