By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why are Sonyfans playing down Microsoft's conference?

seece said:
Scruff7 said:
Will you be surprised if Sony announce the PS3 can open a hole in time and space to travel to anywhere, anywhen, and MS fanboys declare it a failure of a conference?

i wouldn't be.

No I wouldn't but if you read the thread you would know thats not my point. .....

I don't disagree with you, its simply the line between a Fan and a Fanboy, i think some are showing their true colours.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Around the Network
seece said:
Again I am not talking about fanboys, I expect that kind of stuff from them, I just saw a few Sony posters that I though would be fair give really unflattering comments

It's not just Sony fans. Avanish_Tyagi has been jumping from thread to thread pointing out how lame he thinks Natal is.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
seece said:

Its really sad to see all these 5/10 ratings and harsh comments. I really hope xbox fans will be more gracious tomorrow.... try being a little bit more mature folks.

Gracious comments seem unlikely from folks framing the issue as "how could Sony POSSIBLY match this?!"  Match what?  If Natal doesn't catch fire and change the industry, this conference was subpar.  If it does, then this was a really good conference.

Coming from you?

The guy with a username, avatar and signature - aka his whole forum identity - centered around a single theme, trolling other users is... laughable.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

seece said:
Rainbird said:
Well, it's the internet. It's how things are, sadly.

Certainly, Microsoft didn't have 'teh best sh0w evar!', but they are certainly setting a high standard for everyone else this year.

Also, completely unrelated, but I have to say this: I hate Don Mattrick <_<

I totally agree with you, guy is such a plank!

Okay, I'm not sure what you mean by him being a plank, but as long as we can agree on it, then I'm fine, and it means it's not just Sony fans

Tbh, 5/10 implies that it was an "average" conference... not a bad one. While I feel that it was somewhat better than "average", I myself was by no means overwhelmed. Personally I'd give it a 7/10 soley based on the announcement of the MGS spinoff.

The only other game that was announced  that interested me was L4D2. But I am a PC gamer 1st, console second (I prefer KB/mouse control, and have an above average gaming PC). I will be getting L4D2 on PC.

Around the Network

Natal alone makes this a 7 out of 10...you add on the other stuff and you got a 9 out of 10...easy!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Renelius said:

Tbh, 5/10 implies that it was an "average" conference... not a bad one. While I feel that it was somewhat better than "average", I myself was by no means overwhelmed. Personally I'd give it a 7/10 soley based on the announcement of the MGS spinoff.

The only other game that was announced  that interested me was L4D2. But I am a PC gamer 1st, console second (I prefer KB/mouse control, and have an above average gaming PC). I will be getting L4D2 on PC.

Bolded-  This is exactly how I feel.

There is an official conference thread here:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=74721

and there's a thread on rating the conference. Please take this to one of those.

You had some solid news. There is MGS to the 360. And you have the camera that is not even out, and no one knows the price on it. Anyone who is an XBox fan should downplay it alos, until things develop.

For me as a 360 owner it was great but not brillaint.

I have a PS3, so my MGs games are there.

Halo Reach (2010), L4D 2, forza 3.....we knew all that

no surprises = boring

BUT THEN THE REVOLUTION CAME.....NATEL! That made it a 10/10

but I can understand SONY fans found it boring (honestly...not is a damage control way for them)