By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS Rising IS multiplat -- don't worry everyone -- PROOf inside

@kowenicki

ditto dude

Around the Network
Luney Tune said:
While I do believe that this game will come out for the PS3, I still find it a little odd that there's no PS3 logo at the end of the video. Why would Konami publish a teaser video for a multiplat game, and then only put the 360 logo at the end ?

Check the video here:
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/143/14354401/vids_1.html

Did you see any PS3 logos there at all?

@munkeh111

we didn't see any PS3 logo's after the FF13 trailer last year either

so FF13 is confirmed 360 exclusive now? lol

while I agree with you, there is no definite proof it will be multiplat yet.

i can only hope so, or else I won't be playing this game.

Cactus said:
Avarice28 said:
krimoz911 said:
I don't why the 360 fans are being so "in your face ps3 fanboys", a lot of ps3 fans predicted the next MGS to be multiplat, but their point was that MGS4 will stay an exclusive which it's to this day.

Reminder: about 2 hours to the kojima teaser site timer to end

Also MGSRaiden is "not" MGS5, so that leads me to believe that metal gear solid 5 "is" still exclusive.   But either way with this new game is still multi-platform (PS3+360).

If they made the MGS4 engine work on the 360 for MGSR, why would they keep MGS5 (if there is one) exclusive?

Maybe it's a different engine?

Around the Network

@AkibaFan

Exactly. Why the hell would Microsoft be marketing games for Sony during their own conference. Showing the PS3 logo for multiplats is just giving Sony unnecessary attention.

@BMaker11 

Why would they bother creating a new engine when they can just port the MGS4 engine?

kowenicki said:
erm... the countdown site... is that related to this or something else... apologies if i am being thick.

Probably related to this as well as the rumored Metal Gear PSP game.

Xen said:
Thanks, Cactus. I've also predicted Kojima going mutiplat due to his desire to work on the X360, and dissatisfaction with the PS3. Well, as long as it isn't only X360, I'm good. Bring on the Raiden, I say.

1st bolded: uhhhh....his standards must be REALLY high if selling 4.75M (according to Konami) leads to "dissatisfaction".

2nd bolded: Why? You're not the kind of person that believes that 3rd party exclusives help push a console, because you're one of the people that says it's stupid to make PS3 exclusives because it's "ignoring money". Now, an exclusive game comes by, and you're all good? Wtf?

@Bmaker

no no.....he was VERY HAPPY with MGS4 sales

but he was disappointed with T3H CELL & PS3's power

nojustno said:
Stats87 said:
nojustno said:
Does it really need to be exclusive to make an impact? :)

just saying

define impact?

from a sales perspective, especially hardware, yes it does.

From a gaming perpsective it does as well, in that more people can enjoy the game.

Go to the offical playstation blog and read the comments. That's what I call an impact.

link me...all I see is talk about the Uncharted 2 beta, and E3 being shown through Home