By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 Conference Thread

I loved the guy who was the only one clapping and shouting "Whoo"
I had to laugh so hard everytime he did that^^

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
I think Nintendo is breathing a sigh of relief after seeing NATAL in action, that was about as lame as I thought it would be

Are you kidding me? This is the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

I see myself using my arm to grapple stuff like in Bionic Commando! I hope developers will make good use of this technology, and Microsoft can achieve this for sure (they're billionaires!!!).

After seeing how it was used in the demos, the idea you are coming up with is pretty unlikely, the interface won't be effective for doing something like that, the pointing ability seems very imprecise

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I have to say a lot f really good games: L4D2, Crackdown 2, Alan Wake, Halo. All seem great.\\

The NATAL thing seems interesting but I want to see if it will aply to more than mini-games.

PS - NATAL is Christmas in Portuguese, lol.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

I am really pleased with the MS conference, they have completely won me over. If 'Project Natal' lives upto its promise then it's going to be magnificent. I am definitely going to jump in this year. Forza 3 & Left 4 Dead 2! MS you made my day.

Halo ODST and Reach are EPIC!!! Forza 3, Splinter cell conviction, Left 4 dead 2, Crackdown 2Mass Effect 2, MGS 5, and most importantly NATAL microsoft won not only E3 but also 2009 and 2010!!! way to Go M$

Long Live SHIO!

Around the Network
waron said:
it was amazing. for people bashing Mylo thing imagine Rpgs with that kind of technology - this is simply revolution in gaming. imagine any game where you could only chose one of few answers made by developer now you will be able to simply play games your own way.

You'll still be limited to a few valid option. I mean if you a character goes up to you and says : "Let's fight the evil empire" and you answer "No, I'm retiring and I'm going to sell baked cookies for a living." He's just going to say : "What?!?... Let's fight the evil empire!"

Signature goes here!

Avinash_Tyagi said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
I think Nintendo is breathing a sigh of relief after seeing NATAL in action, that was about as lame as I thought it would be

Are you kidding me? This is the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

I see myself using my arm to grapple stuff like in Bionic Commando! I hope developers will make good use of this technology, and Microsoft can achieve this for sure (they're billionaires!!!).

After seeing how it was used in the demos, the idea you are coming up with is pretty unlikely, the interface won't be effective for doing something like that, the pointing ability seems very imprecise

Did you see the girl moving in a 3D space? This was done with just a single little camera!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

superchunk said:
PostModGuru said:
This natal technology just blew my 3 year old up. With the backing of Spielbergo and Peter this technology will be well explored and refined. Give this 3 years and everyone will be trying to duplicate it.

True, but not as a complete video game controller. More of an actual computer input device.

Where the Wiimote+nunchuk can do any genre and a few really really well, this can only do a few. Many genres will not be doable.

However, I would like to see a well done RTS game with this.

Oh yeaah ? Can a nunchuk do voice recognition or map your all body ?

The wii controllers (all of them) feel like a gimmick in comparaison.

I say Project Natal rocks !!... now to deliver...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

hmm there is just 1 problem :
you seem to not being able to combine normal control and natal, i mean imagine you have halo 4 :
lets say you can hold your virtual gun and firethrough a finger movement, that replaces dual sticks+ 1 or two buttons, but what about the rest?
@ wii you have controler + motion ( at much lower level ), you can combine the two.

this seems to be a OR thing
party game OR serious game.
As much as i dislike the wii waggle, it does better in that department

what do you think

How can 720p be considered HD when it looks like ugly snow grains on my 22'' screen?

How can anyone say that that was a dud conference? They showed a ton of core games!
- Left 4 Dead 2 (Never expected this so soon!)
- CrackDown 2
- Halo ODST (Graphics seemed well improved with the normal great Halo gameplay)
- Halo: Reach (Yes! A NEW Halo!)
- Alan Wake (Gameplay looked very cool, creepy style)
- Forza 3 (WOW, graphics looked better than GT5)
- Splinter Cell Conviction (Really impressed by the game, looks very cinematic and fun)
- Metal Gear Solid Rising
- Modern Warfare 2 with exclusive DLC (Amazing, can't wait!)

And they also left out one of their big guns - Mass Effect 2. AND announced a lot for the new dashboard update: Last FM, Facebook, Twitter, Zune Marketplace and Sky TV.

And thats not including the motion camera stuff, which even without it in the conference, the show was great!

Consoles Owned: XBOX 360, Wii, DS and PSP.