By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 Conference Thread

i prefer real friends but mylo is an interesting game, but microsoft is budging out of core gaming.

it was a good conference CRACKDOWN 2 - SPLINTER CELL - ALAN WAKE - HALO ODST & REACH - NEW MGS SPIN OFF.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

I think Nintendo is breathing a sigh of relief after seeing NATAL in action, that was about as lame as I thought it would be

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

If MGS: Rising is in fact exclusive, I feel bad for the MGS fans who only have a PS3 and are going to need a new console.

Although here is a question, how many discs is this game going to be? Will Kojima hold back in terms of cutscenes and the such in order to keep this to once disc?

SlumsofOhio said:
Sony and Nintendo have to pull out everything they got to beat this conference.

Haha, all they have to do is show up.

PostModGuru said:
This natal technology just blew my 3 year old up. With the backing of Spielbergo and Peter this technology will be well explored and refined. Give this 3 years and everyone will be trying to duplicate it.

True, but not as a complete video game controller. More of an actual computer input device.

Where the Wiimote+nunchuk can do any genre and a few really really well, this can only do a few. Many genres will not be doable.

However, I would like to see a well done RTS game with this.

Around the Network

(Reminder PSWii owner) The tech is amazing and MS (and third parties) can probably sell millions of work out games that go way beyond what the Wii can do - making them more appealing to core gaming. The navigating through menus is cool.

What we think of as traditional games, FPS, Shooters, etc. will probably not work quite right BUT new sub-genres can emerge if they design good games for this type of control. I think they will.

BTW, I think RPG and RTS could work quite well with this.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

superchunk said:
I like how MS is saying the same 'controller obstacle to gaming' logic that Nintendo used in 2006.

Except Nintendo then just released a different kind of controller, not an alternative to them.

man and those games Forza 3 ability to make those kind of movies? previously i could spend hours just on making graphics on forza 2 cars now i will spend weeks on making great videos. and the graphics looks simply amazing for me Microsoft already won this E3.

About the Miko stuff :

thereisstillan high possibility that thisis fully scripted

in the sense that Miko knows what u are going to do

(it is then a matter of IA and had nothing to do with motion control)

Time to Work !

Ok, I thought the conference was good, but come on now. It wasn't mind blowing in any sense of the word.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.