By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I dont think Ill ever buy a Nintendo system again

i really dont get the whole, 'because the graphics are cartoony its for kids', or the fact people think if kids can play something then its not for them. the whole point of nintendo was and is that anyone can play these games. shrek is cartoony, is that for kids? no.

also who are these kids? i tend to find people just call kids anyone younger than themselves kikds. 18 year olds playing gears of war say mario is for 11 year olds and not mature enough. but then you have the 11 year olds playing halo 3 and GTA and saying that mario is for 6 year olds. personnaly i find the divide between mario players and non mario players to be based more on the type of person rather than age.

but back on topic, id advise if you want something different try different franchises. if your bored of mario, metroid and zelda try battalion wars or fire emblem or any other nintendo franchise you havnt played yet. i heard endless ocean was pretty creative if your looking for somehting very different

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

i think your main problem (no 2) is the only one which doesn't make that much sense

it's very reasonable to say you are totally hardcore and you hate casual games and all that, but come on, Metroid and Zelda are awesome for hard core gamers
btw, the only thing missing from Metroid is online

for me, Wii is like my only console, it fits to my lifestyle, i like playing stupid things like Animal Crossing, Wii Music or Mario Kart and also playing some MadWorld or Call of Duty or Pikmin, Mario, Metroid, Zelda.....

but if you are totally hard core it's normal to prefer 100% Ps3/Xbox360, i am like 60% casual 40% core so i go with the Wii

never say never, maybe the next Nintendo console will have Ps4 graphics and all that, along with all 3rd party core games
for example, in GC times i never thought me and friends would all end up buying Wii and playing SSBB for example, which we had no idea what it is

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

You're complaining about Nintendo's franchises repeating themselves. And then go on to name a third, a fourth and fifth installment of a series as something better? Isn't that rather hypocritical?

Let's face it. Nintendo has already replaced you with a younger and better customer.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Don't be so melodramatic.

Xen said:
infamous8 said:
novasonic said:
There have been a lot of quality 3rd party Wii games, and lots more being announced tomorrow

Which ones bro

No More Heroes 2, The Grinder, Gladiator A.D... I'll let others take over from here.

Ghostbusters, Muramasa, red steel 2, the conduit, virtua tennis 2009, tiger woods, grand slam tennis, overlord: Dark legend, Monster hunter 3,etc

Around the Network

hmm, I have a wii. However, the wii is easily my least favourite console this gen (and I don't even have a 360).

It's kind of just there for the next big project from nintendo but sadly nintendo's last efforts (animal crossing and wii music) haven't appealed to me.

I'd still keep it unless you need or want the extra money...I would have sold mine already if it wasn't for my sister who wants to play the upcoming harry potter game (after that she doesn't care if I sell my wii). My reason for selling is that it doesn't do enogh to justify keeping it, and I doubt E3 will change my mind about the console.

I'm happy with a ps3 and a gaming pc. More than happy, even if I won't have the chance to play a new wii game every now and then (I don't think I've playe my wii in the last 8 months).

Even if it's always the same games which I really doubt, it just would be your second gen. with a "3D Nintendo console" since games changed a lot between SNES and N64.

So I really think you're a stupid troll, or merely stupid.

Cdoudoued said:

So I really think you're a stupid troll, or merely stupid.

He got killzowned, what do you want from him?

On topic: as woopah said already, there're plenty of other Nintendo IPs you probably never played. Try Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario, Earthbound, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem... so many games to choose from.

I tihnk the great thing about Nintendo is that even though they come out with many of the same franchises they usually find a way of making them completely fresh. Take Super Mario Galaxy for example, I didn't think there was any new direction left to go after Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine, but I was very wrong! That game was %100 Mario and felt %100 fresh at the same time. My favourite game so far this gen.

Sounds to me like Nintendo just isn't your thing anymore. Don't force yourself if that's the case. That would be my advice.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

infamous8 said:

Someone convince me to get back on the Nintendo bangwagon. Plz.

No. I'm not going to spend the time making actual arguments that you'll just disregard. If you don't see the value in Nintendo systems or Nintendo software, it's not my place or anyone's place to convince you otherwise. Don't want it? That's fine. Don't buy it, then. You've been doing all right on that front so far this gen.

I'll take it upon myself to say this, though: don't like the Wii's direction? I think you had better run and hide. The industry is moving that way. This is your head start.