By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Sports Resort VS PS360 blockbusters

If you agree that Wii Sports Resort will be a massive hit, keep reading. If not click here. 

So this thread is about making a possible list of 2 or more PS3 and X360 blockbusters that Wii Sports Resort might have a chance to outsell... combined. Only HD console blockbuster or possible blockbuster games because outselling the average Wii game woudn't be that hard without counting its own games from Nintendo itself.

My shot:

WSR > Halo ODST + Alan Wake + Splinter Cell Conviction.

Keep the list plausible

Continue

Around the Network

WSR will outsell Heavy Rain

coolestguyever said:

Just that?

WSR > Heavy Rain+God of War 3+Uncharted 2+Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

omfg
keepthechange is your avatar, name, and tag from the movie that's played in home alone?

Around the Network
Keep_the_change said:
coolestguyever said:

Just that?

I'll do it the other way around

PS360 games that will outsell Wii Sports Resort:

Modern Warfare 2, Gran Turismo 5, Halo OSDT, Halo 4 (if its real), Grand Theft Auto 5

...Every other game will probably be outsold by WSR. I predict about 7 million sales from WSR.

WSR vs MW2. now thats gunna be epic

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

7 million is undershooting WSR a lot. Super Mario Galaxy sold 8 million, Mario Kart Wii is already at like 15 million and counting. Wii Fit is at 18.2 million WW right now and climbing every month.

Wii Sports Resort will do 7 million in North America alone probably. I'd say 15-20 million LTD is a lock, 25 million+ not out of the question. At some point WSR might even replace or join Wii Sports as the pack-in title with the Wii too.

Modern Warfare 2 will start off much faster ... but won't be able to keep pace. Wii Sports Resort will sell for a long, long, long, long, long time. 

coolestguyever said:
Keep_the_change said:
coolestguyever said:

Just that?

I'll do it the other way around

PS360 games that will outsell Wii Sports Resort:

Modern Warfare 2, Gran Turismo 5, Halo OSDT, Halo 4 (if its real), Grand Theft Auto 5

...Every other game will probably be outsold by WSR. I predict about 7 million sales from WSR.

Oh come on. We all know Wii Sports Resort will likely be a 20 million seller in a matter of 3 years. No game in that list is able to reach even 10 million on a single platfrom.

I don't think there is a single HD console title that can outsell Wii Sports Resort in it's lifetime. Maybe the combination of the top two could take it...maybe.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.