By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Sports Resort VS PS360 blockbusters

@ onyxmeth

Even the top two would be what? Halo 3 is almost reaching 10 million sales, and that was the most biggest hit on the 360 ever to be launched in the console life. I think the most sold 2nd game will be modern warfare 2 to be honest. That game alone in the 360 has potential to sell some impressive 7 million in a 3 year time frame. So WSR outselling the top two 360 games wouldn't be that hard since it should be at the ~16.5 million mark.

Around the Network

Lets have a look....Wii Sports Resort will outsell Gran Turismo 5 + Final Fantasy + Halo 4 + GTA5

The top N games just have too long legs for other systems games to compete!

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Depends. WSR could pull a Resistance or Motorstorm and not sell nearly as much as the original because it isn't heavily bundled. Or, it could be like Wii Fit, and sell millions for no reason

Bladeforce said:
Lets have a look....Wii Sports Resort will outsell Gran Turismo 5 + Final Fantasy + Halo 4 + GTA5

The top N games just have too long legs for other systems games to compete!

Insane prediction!

GT5 + Final Fantasy + Halo4 + GTA5 sales would be over 25+ even assuming sales of multiplat games from just one console!

I don't think WSR can sell 25 million copies!

WSR I think is being over rated its not gonna be as big some people think it is......
But Ive been wrong too many times. =P

Around the Network

The fact that WM+ is bundled with Wii fit, means, monster sales, Wii sports resort will easily end up over 50 million lifetime sales

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Nintendo Games > Sony Games in sales.

Anyone who thinks WSR is not going to sell a ton is crazy. I'm expecting ~ Halo3 + GTA4 level.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Keep_the_change said:
@ onyxmeth

Even the top two would be what? Halo 3 is almost reaching 10 million sales, and that was the most biggest hit on the 360 ever to be launched in the console life. I think the most sold 2nd game will be modern warfare 2 to be honest. That game alone in the 360 has potential to sell some impressive 7 million in a 3 year time frame. So WSR outselling the top two 360 games wouldn't be that hard since it should be at the ~16.5 million mark.

I'm using combined sales of a title across all platforms, so Modern Warfare 2 would be summed up based on it's PS3, 360 and PC sales. They all count towards the same game. Two top tier titles this year across their potential platforms I believe could sell more than Wii Sports Resort.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

coolestguyever said:
Keep_the_change said:
coolestguyever said:
WSR will outsell Heavy Rain

Just that?

I'll do it the other way around

PS360 games that will outsell Wii Sports Resort:

Modern Warfare 2, Gran Turismo 5, Halo OSDT, Halo 4 (if its real), Grand Theft Auto 5

...Every other game will probably be outsold by WSR. I predict about 7 million sales from WSR.

lol you think wii sports resort will ONLY seel 7 million??

the lowest it will sell is 21 million.

hello how are you.