By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you give up on Nintendo

No.

Nintendo's 3rd party support is increasing (not as quickly as PS3/360, but still there).

If this were 2008 and what we saw in E3 2008 was E3 2007, than I would consider it (as there would be no muramasa, dead space extraction, NMH, Red Steel 2 etc to look forward to).

Around the Network

They have already announces enough games for me this year so definitely not "giving up" on Nintendo.

Hell I skipped last gen and would have skipped this one had it not been for the Wii (and I later purchased a DS and now DSi) and I already have too many games to buy for the thing (and even more for the DS) so I'm fine. I probably won't even get too worked up about E3, i think i'm off though (monday and tuesday) so I might be able to see most of it though.

Seriously Nintendo could say "Hey here's WSR and 10 3rd party games you already know about - oh btw we rule and sell 10x more than anyone else - /end of conference" and I would be more than satisfied.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Hu? No amount of crappy Wii musics will kill the inevitability Zelda/Mario/Metroid. Thats i stick w/ Nintendo, the games keep coming.

@SJGohan, I am totally with you on this. Skipped last gen. but wiimote control was just too damn tempting.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

People put way too much stock into these shows. Why would you give up a console because you don't like a press conference?

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Around the Network

@shanobi
Because their releases have been VERY lack luster the past year. Punch Out finally came out, but I'm not crazy over it. I guess that's my fault, though. I didn't say I would give up on the Wii...I'll still buy all the great games coming out for it. It's just that Nintendo's secrecy (I dream it is this) is CRAP. Worst idea ever. They don't show us anything and haven't released any "big" games since last year.

@dodece
I agree. For me, giving up on Nintendo would have me buying an 360 as a secondary console. But of course, Wii will be my favorite...no thanks to Nintendo.

I made this thread because recently, the Wii lost any connection with Nintendo for me. I have only played 3rd party games for the last 6 months, so Wii=/= NIntendo for me. I hope they change that this Fall/holiday.

I really, really, really want to play another game as epic as Metroid Prime 3 or Twilight Princess. Pikmin 3 would make me soo happy.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

@Hyperion: That's exactly how I felt after last E3. But now I'm just waiting for this E3, not expecting much though as you already realized.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I think they have a decent enough excuse for last year. I believe Wii Motion Plus caused Nintendo to hold off on some core titles so they could be redone with the improved controls.
Also given how 1st party titles had dominated the Nintendo software sales early in, it allowed some attention to go to 3rd parties, who then didn't have to go up against a Nintendo title.

This year, however, they have no excuses. Wii Motion Plus is almost out, 3rd parties have now had 3.5 years to make their big Wii titles and Nintendo has clearly been working on some of the big franchises. So if they don't have any big franchise titles then I'll be pretty disappointed, but I think they have a good chance of being the big winners of E3 and have good potential to blow Sony & Microsoft out of the water.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Dodece said:

A lot of people may disagree, but the way I see it if your buying a new console in the middle of a generation that means your first console is not fulfilling your needs. That is a concession in itself. Other people have consoles and they feel no pressing need to get another. So why do you feel the need.

I bought a 360 when the Elite came out. I bought it because I gave up on shooters for the Wii. I wanted my Halo fix and a couple good online shooters which the Wii has lacked. However my Wii never started gathering dust I never put it in the shoe box. Infact at Christmas I bought a new HD TV so I wanted a Blue Ray player. I bought my PS3 to use as a Blu Ray player in total I own two games both which I was horrifically dissapointed on.

My first console my Wii has been played so much that it now makes a loud noise and used so much as a GameCube that the top flaps have all been broken off. My 360 hasn't red ringed yet so you know I don't play that much and my PS3 other then a Blu Ray player just sits their looking pretty.

In the end the first console I bought is the only one actually being used.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Nah, I'd never give up on Nintendo.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva