By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GCN Exclusive: Say hello to the PSP Go - First pics of PSP Go

better video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObElhJIcOKE

Around the Network

EPIC. FREAKING EPIC.

Hmm. Not sure how much I like it. The sliding screen looks weird, and I have 30+ PSP games on UMD.

OTOH, I like how this will push them into releasing more games on PSN. I have an 8GB memory stick in my PSP, so it can hold a fair amount on its own.

i find it weird that ipods have had 160gb for so many years now and yet after all of this time sonny can only give us 16gb

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

as long as i will get Gran Turismo and LBP it will be ok though after Forza 2 i doubt there will be any racing simulation that will satisfy me.

Around the Network

Looking at the Go!, without the screen, it's about the same size as a psp without a screen. Imagine what you would be able to fit into a psp if it didn't have a screen. I am guessing there is a harddrive in there somewhere. Either a platter based hard drive or flash based harddrive.
I'm really banking that it's a flash based drive in there, which means they must be allowing for digital conversion of your old UMD games.

theprof00 said:
^well, I hope sonys megaton is something different than any of those things.

It seems like sony has so many big announcements they are literally bursting at the seems with information.

Definitely this yr Sony is generating lot more interesting news, but unfortunately the sales are not picking up.

volrath50 said:
Hmm. Not sure how much I like it. The sliding screen looks weird, and I have 30+ PSP games on UMD.

OTOH, I like how this will push them into releasing more games on PSN. I have an 8GB memory stick in my PSP, so it can hold a fair amount on its own.

there was rumors awhile ago that video game stores would be offering a converter from UMD to the Go. or something like that.

axumblade said:
hold on....was that warhawk in the video? I don't know what it was but there was a plane and reminded me of warhawk.

That's Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier =)

I'm falling in love with the new PSP. Also, OMG at GT and Metal Gear. BTW, beautiful LBP O.O'

This may be a huge new money farm for sony. Imagine, no lasers, no cartridges, cheaper parts.