By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another Mod bites the dust

Muahaha. More converts. The Wii mods will take over VGC then soon, the world!!!!

In all seriousness, congratulations on your new game system. Pick up The Godfather from half.ebay.com/video-games for the best price around (under $30 usually). Other than that of course Zelda, RE4, Super Paper Mario, and MP3. The other games are all pretty good rentals but not purchases (at least for me).

Around the Network

Congrats on your purchase! The Wii is worth the price just for VC games alone.

naznatips said:
Muahaha. More converts. The Wii mods will take over VGC then soon, the world!!!!

And how less PS3, X360 owners will believe that the VG numbers are not biased.

@ Konnichiwa

Are you dissapointed that stof got a wii? And naznatips was just playing around. Nothing personal, I don't think.

Elebits is a great rental. The "must purchase" list, in my opinion, is the following:

Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Excite Truck
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition

As for solid rentals (besides the already mentioned Elebits):

Wario Ware Smooth Moves
Super Paper Mario
Mario Strikers Charged
Kororinpa
Godfather: Blackhand Edition
Scarface: The World Is Yours
The Bigs
SSX Blur

Wii # 4594 3226 7132 0861 (please PM me your if you add me, so I can add you too!)

Taltosh
Around the Network
tk1797 said:
@ Konnichiwa

Are you dissapointed that stof got a wii? And naznatips was just playing around. Nothing personal, I don't think.

I am not dissapointed because I knew he is a Wii owner/or would become one.

konnichiwa said:
tk1797 said:
@ Konnichiwa

Why? Because he wasn't constantly insulting it? lol

I was just kidding. Chill out man... no one should ever be criticized for deciding to buy a new game system.  If he had said he was buying a PS3 no one would be in here claiming bias.  Hell, a bunch of people have made topics when they bought PS3s and 360s and the VGC members have been nothing but supportive of them.  To attack him for this is really immature.

naznatips said:
konnichiwa said:
tk1797 said:
@ Konnichiwa

I was just kidding. Chill out man... no one should ever be criticized for deciding to buy a new game system. If he had said he was buying a PS3 no one would be in here claiming bias. Hell, a bunch of people have made topics when they bought PS3s and the VGC members have been nothing but supportive of them. To attack him for this is really immature.

Unless that system is the Phillips CD:i.

naznatips said:
konnichiwa said:
tk1797 said:
@ Konnichiwa

I was just kidding. Chill out man... no one should ever be criticized for deciding to buy a new game system.  If he had said he was buying a PS3 no one would be in here claiming bias.  Hell, a bunch of people have made topics when they bought PS3s and 360s and the VGC members have been nothing but supportive of them.  To attack him for this is really immature.

I will try to explain this with an example:

-Konnichiwa posts numbers from VGCHARTZ on gametrailers, European forums.

- One of the first comments:   VGCHARTZ isn't that the biased sales site?

- I respond with saying that it is not biased.

- I get comments back from people saying :  'Then explain me why all those mods are WII fanboys and Wii owners and the same with the most of the members on that site?

-  Then some comments later a mod close the thread and it already happened that I get a warning because I placed sales numbers from VGCHARTZ.

PS  I don't care if STOF bought a WII/PS3/X360, the only thing I hope is that he will enjoy it.
Like every systemowner wants.

I am just saying that VGCHARTZ is getting on many forums a name 'Biased sales sites' and a mod that buys a Wii will for surely not changing that idea X_X...

I understand it's not necessarily you saying that another mod buying a Wii makes it biased, but statistically there are more people out there with Wiis than other systems, so it's not really fair to call a site biased because more people own Wiis. Considering VGC willingly adjusts for NPD numbers, it's hard to say they are biased for the Wii. It's not like they are constantly overtracking Nintendo systems either. Try and use that in the argument next time someone tells you they are biased hehe.