By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox 360's lifespan is almost up. 180 days left before the end...

i guess we can safely say what MS' big e3 announcement is...

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

Something like...:

We're gonna replace every single X360 unit with an X720 unit for free?

Truth does not fear investigation

Oh goodie i can't wait to spend more money.

I hope the next console gen is not for at least 5 more years.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

NightAntilli said:
theprof00 said:

Something like...:

We're gonna replace every single X360 unit with an X720 unit for free?

but xbox live now costs 100$/year,

Um, I'm not a 360 fan, but where is this 180-day figure coming from?

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

^I think it's how long the original xbox lasted superimposed over the 360 lifetime timeline.

Ah. In that case, no dice. If a successor console were coming out that soon, it would have been announced months ago: the Hype Machine takes time to build.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

wow, 4 years + 1 day already, oh well, farewell 360, we hardly knew ye!

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

LOL...Squil, you have too much free time.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

The original xbox was ended in it's prime. I doubt Microsoft will make the same mistake twice.