By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm done with PC gaming

vlad321 said:
Wait.... can you even play KOTOR on your 360? Is it on that special list? I won't even go into the Wii and the PS3 BC....

Also, my KOTOR runs flawlessly, as well as my Deus Ex and Thief II and UT99 and HL1 and Starcraft and WCII Bnet edition and Diablo II and I can keep going on and on. This sounds more like a personal problem to me, not a problem with PC gaming.

since the Wii is an upgraded GCN, it works 100% with those games. ^^b

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
Wait.... can you even play KOTOR on your 360? Is it on that special list? I won't even go into the Wii and the PS3 BC....

Also, my KOTOR runs flawlessly, as well as my Deus Ex and Thief II and UT99 and HL1 and Starcraft and WCII Bnet edition and Diablo II and I can keep going on and on. This sounds more like a personal problem to me, not a problem with PC gaming.

Humor me. What's wrong with the Wii backwards compatibility?

@OP:

Well that sucks, but I understand. Do you get a lot of that stuff with games that are on Steam? For some reason those always run without a hitch for me.

I think he might have memory(ram) issues, either that or his motherboard is problematic with the hardware he's using it with.

Your quitting out when Diablo 3 is ahead?
What are you nuts?

Boutros said:
PC gaming is so unstable

new tech and cheap shit are unstable, generally you want to wait a little after something new comes out then buy the parts or PC at the right price so you don't spend too much money yet get great performance, most people just don't know how to shop.

Around the Network

You have to weigh the options when PC gaming, I for one usually only play PC games that are 1-2+ years old and therefore can run very smoothly and easily on almost every machine out, and you get them at very low prices ($10-15) - if you take a look at my PC gaming collection you won't see much new stuff but you will see a lot of games that were state-of-the-art when they came out that I picked up from the $10 bin a few years later and played with no problems on an average computer for the time.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Khuutra said:
vlad321 said:

Humor me. What's wrong with the Wii backwards compatibility?

@OP:

Well that sucks, but I understand. Do you get a lot of that stuff with games that are on Steam? For some reason those always run without a hitch for me.

My super Smah Bros 64 cartridge doesn´t fit in the CD slot. Neither does my Goldeneye or just about anything from before that. On my PC however, I was play the 1989 PoP with the DOSBox just fine.

@hunter_alien

I´m playing those games because, sadly, they are still the best there is. Thief is still the top stealth game, Deus Ex is unmatched by ANY game out since. HL1 is only outdone by HL2 (which also runs flawlessly on my PC btw), UT99 by UT2004 (also runs fine), ans SC  has no equal. It´skinda sad that some of the games listed are still some of the best created, I blame solely the dumbed down HD consoles on this fact. Anything a console is associated with gets ruined (Deus Ex 2, UT3, etc.).

@morpeusx

You sped those $80 bucks for a new card only if you want the better looking graphics, if you want them to just look liek they were before you don´t have to spend them at all.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

@OP
I feel the problem, but I don't give up, I simply avoid buying PC games immediately after release, I wait for patches to be released and possibly for price cuts, so I save money too.
Sometimes funds run out or even SW houses go bankrupt before they can patch every major bug, like with P:T, but fans managed to patch it decently, it's been a pain in the arse to install it, choose the right patches and apply them, but in this case it was worth the hassle.
There are also cases where after patching the games becomes stable as rock, like UT, and of all the games in my collection, excessively bugged ones are a very small minority.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I agree , I am still waiting for my Dawn of War 2 to work without crashing but that's never going to happen. The game was crashing a lot but after the 2nd patch it's stop working all together. Now the new patch just go up and it finally got past the title screen but crash as soon as the game is load.

mysticD said:
I agree , I am still waiting for my Dawn of War 2 to work without crashing but that's never going to happen. The game was crashing a lot but after the 2nd patch it's stop working all together. Now the new patch just go up and it finally got past the title screen but crash as soon as the game is load.

I´´ve never had that crash on me. The biggest problem I have is when it starts to chug I have to alt tab and alt tab back in to fix it.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835