By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz 2.0 - the aftermath!

ioi said:
Every site i've been on it is in reverse chronological order. If you have multi-page comments you want the most recent first otherwise nobody will read your post...

I can see why that might have been a complaint with the old way, with all the comments on a single page, but since the comments are now on multiple pages, why can't you do it just like the forums and have it go oldest-->newest on the most recent page?  I'd like that better than seeing the latest comment first and having to read the conversation backwards. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

PS3 = Dark-Side Red

X360 = Lime Green

Wii = Sky Blue

---

While Neutral is orange? well, thats cool but what are PSP's and DS's colors?

All in all with all this new info i'll start coming back to VG again, i've taken a leave because i didn't like it at first, but i'll give it a chance.

@Brett

Thanks for VGChartz 2.0

This version even with more flash works better on my launch Mac G5 using Firefox. I like the color scheme as well and most bugs are being addressed right away. Great job!

Edit: I jusr realized you changed your user name back to ioi :P

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Gilgamesh said:
Khuutra said:
Gilgamesh why would ioi replace ad space with a functionality that doesn't apply to the majority of the site?

The forum is a pretty big part of the site and the recent post was a luxurious feature to have it everywhere on the site, it just seems very inconvient now compared to old VG Chartz. I makes sense thats it's only in the forum section, but the forum is a big part of VG Chartz for me, so I'm in it a lot and sinse I usually have to be in other places on the site (updating games, approving submissions) I always seem to have to open up the forum menu at time to time to check for replies.

I agree.  Recent Threads is one of the most useful parts of the forum side of this website for me.  I love it.

liquidninja said:
bardicverse said:

So I noticed a minor graphical glitch thing - Smilies. They weren't edited down right, and have a slight white background. Have a look

So on and so forth. I DO happen to have a large set of these smilies that we use on our private dev forums. If you'd like the files/graphics, hit me up in a PM and I'll get them out to you.

How about these?

You can use them if you like? (I edited them in Gimp)

Those do look much better.

Around the Network

I miss the Digg button.

bardicverse said:
liquidninja said:
bardicverse said:
So I noticed a minor graphical glitch thing - Smilies. They weren't edited down right, and have a slight white background. Have a look

So on and so forth. I DO happen to have a large set of these smilies that we use on our private dev forums. If you'd like the files/graphics, hit me up in a PM and I'll get them out to you.
How about these?

You can use them if you like? (I edited them in Gimp)
Those do look much better.

Not as good as mine! 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I have a question. Why does my sig have a white background?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
I have a question. Why does my sig have a white background?

You probably inserted some formatting. Try copying the text to notepad (not Word), clean totally your sig (make it empty) and recopy the text back