By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGC 2.0 freezes my web browser....

Mines not crashing..but it runs slow...

on a strange side note...my dsi doesnt seem to have much of a problem on here...strange..

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Around the Network

Chrome works really well with 2.0
My laptop is blowing out air like a 747 Jet though

Too much flash may be the problem.

Use IE8, I have no problems with it

I'm using FF and don't have any problems.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
firefox is crap. switch to chrome or IE. chrome only freezes for me when i exit IM

I'm a long-time IE supporter (since version 3), but FF totally kicks IE's ass now

I'm using FF and not seeing any long load times like the OP suggests. What version you using?

CTifer said:
dsister44 said:
firefox is crap. switch to chrome or IE. chrome only freezes for me when i exit IM

I'm a long-time IE supporter (since version 3), but FF totally kicks IE's ass now

I'm using FF and not seeing any long load times like the OP suggests. What version you using?

idk, i don't think have 8, but i might have seven, and it has not frozen once on this site

CTifer said:
dsister44 said:

i don't FF because it's really slow for me, it might be those plug-ins

kowenicki said:
firefox freezes a lot fullstop... over rated.

I run 7-8 tabs at a time, on average, and Firefox freezes on me all of once in six months.

And when it does that, I can reopen it in five seconds, with all of my tabs open.

Honestly, I don't know how I ever used IE.

Plus, with Firefox, I can block users on VGC

EDIT: Even with VGC 2.0, it runs fine. How much RAM do you have? That's probably the problem. Firefox, with my 6 tabs open, is using 273MB RAM (down about 100MB from when I cleared private data, try that too), but that leaves 1.25GB RAM spare. So unless I started running a game at this point, my computer would be fine.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

It works great with Chrome.

The latest few versions of Firefox are very slow. I'm phasing out my use of Firefox where possible, extensions be damned.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957