By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I figured out why the Wii didn't stop selling after all Marioboys bought it

^its the mariochlorians inside all of us.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Yeah but why aren't marioboys that played original Gameboy factored in? Didn't it sell over 100,000,000?

And the Gameboys and DS were still popular when you said Marioboys weren't playing Nintendo games, so what's up with that?

^Certainly.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

"Therefore every Wii owner bought at least one Mario game. It's simple logic, really"

I stopped reading at this point. It's a completely inappropriate conclusion to draw, and a faulty application of logic to boot. By assuming that the fact that Mario game sales outnumbering Wii hardware sales automatically leads to the conclusion that each Wii owner owns at least one Wii game completely ignores the possibility that some Wii owners (or indeed a solid core of so-called Marioboys) will buy multiple Mario games. Given the significant number of individual Mario titles on the Wii, this point alone completely undermines your statement.

Bless. Keep on trying.

My first Rol-thread. Wow. I love it.

And about the Mariogirls: I think Nintendo is now aware of their existence, and now makes all their games to specifically target the Mariogirls. Evidence can be found on the DS, the platform that has almost more females than males playing it. And since only Marioboys and Mariogirls buy Nintendo, you get games like Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver:

She looks too much like Mario for it to be a coincidence. Nintendo knows that the Marioboy-theory is right, and now tries to make their other games Mario-games as well. They've even done this multiple times throughout history:

This is why Zelda games sell on Nintendo.

Also, sometimes renowed third-parties get to make Mario-games:

<from MGS: The Twin Snakes on Lunchbox

Recently, Microsoft has been trying to steal the Marioboy-audience:

With this evidence, Rol's theory makes even more perfect sense.

Around the Network
txrattlesnake said:
Yeah but why aren't marioboys that played original Gameboy factored in? Didn't it sell over 100,000,000?

And the Gameboys and DS were still popular when you said Marioboys weren't playing Nintendo games, so what's up with that?

Well I was too ashamed to own a LameCube because it was a purple lunchbox and my friends would've made fun of me.  But I still played DS games in my bed where nobody could see.  That explains why Marioboys buy more handhelds than consoles.

@ MazeMe

If that post is a joke, it's quite funny. If not, I think you need professional help.

Everpain said:
@ MazeMe

If that post is a joke, it's quite funny. If not, I think you need professional help.

Saying this in a Rol thread? If you weren't a new user, I'd tell you to take your own advice.

Everpain said:
"Therefore every Wii owner bought at least one Mario game. It's simple logic, really"

I stopped reading at this point. It's a completely inappropriate conclusion to draw, and a faulty application of logic to boot. By assuming that the fact that Mario game sales outnumbering Wii hardware sales automatically leads to the conclusion that each Wii owner owns at least one Wii game completely ignores the possibility that some Wii owners (or indeed a solid core of so-called Marioboys) will buy multiple Mario games. Given the significant number of individual Mario titles on the Wii, this point alone completely undermines your statement.

Bless. Keep on trying.

This one doesn't believe in science.

SCIENCE!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Everpain said:
@ MazeMe

He gets all the professional help he needs from the Nintendo Hotline.