By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is a thread to talk about my favorite console, the NES.

Coincidentally ,the NES is my all-time favorite too. Haven't had nearly as much fun on any other console.
As for good games,The Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, short melee fighting guys game series(dunno the name but River city Ransom was one of them), castlevania, duck tales, contras. Even the nintendo baseball and Golf games were pretty neat.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network
KungKras said:

I don't know about the rest of Europe, but Nintendo was huge over here in Sweden. At Nintendo's peak of popularity, a street was renamed into "mario's street"

The NES didn't do too well in Europe's larger markets (UK especially), but here in Norway (like Sweden), it was HUGE. "everyone" had a NES and the official Nintendo magazine sold about 100 000 copies every month at its peak (with a population of 4 million people, that is pretty good). Of course, this was also when Gameboy was big.

The Sega Master System didn't have anywhere near the same user base, and the Amiga and Atari ST systems weren't as popular here as in for example the UK, which helped the NES a lot. Funny to think that games back then cost 599 NOK, which is about 100 dollars. That was a lot of money in 1990....

A game that wasn't mentioned in the list of top NES games was Duck Tales. We probably won't ever see it on the virtual console because of licensing issues, but here's hoping....

I got one in 1986. My favorite games?

SMB (1/2/3)
Duck Hunt
Dr. Mario
Final Fantasy
Dragon Warrior IV
Tecmo Bowl
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Zelda/Zelda II
Little Nemo
Duck Tales
Contra
Double Dribble

I think I'll stop for now..

Stop getting so excited about a Kid Icarus remake... the original NES Icarus sucked.

I got one about 2 weeks after the nationwide release.

And Derek, the original Kid Icarus was freaking great. My friends and I ran through that game 26 times together, once.

As for games, there are too many great games to list.

Some classics which weren't made by Nintendo:

Metal Gear
Blaster Master
River City Ransom
Totally Rad!
Ninja Gaiden (1-3)
Final Fantasy
Dragon Warrior (1-4)
Batman
Megaman (1-4)
Tecmo Bowl
Contra & Super C
Castlevania (1-3)
GI Joe

and tons more.

Nintendo releases:

R.C. Pro AM
Ice Climbers
Metroid
Zelda 1&II
Kid Icarus
Tetris
Super Mario series

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Excite Bike was great too!

Around the Network

I just got an NES for the first time a few months ago. I haven't had time to play much yet.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)