Forums - Sony Discussion - $42.10 for a demo???wtf???????????

R THEY ST00PID!!! :O

$600 for the console and now $42 for a demo =O

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network
Hus said:
Can the mods for once do their freaking jobs and close these retarded troll threads.

Its the samegod damn price as GT4prologue, its not a demo. The demo for GT5p is free will launch a few weeks before GT5p releases.

Muahahahaha!!! Just saw the banned sign beside your name lol!!

Just kiss the tip.

So, we will basically be paying 100 bucks to get the whole shabang if we decide to get both. That is kind of lame. Why do they even release these prologues? I think the whole strategy is BS. I also think whoever buys the prologue versions of these games are BS.

Just kiss the tip.

I just think this should be priced around $25, like the last Prologue. $40+ is too much in my opinion.

Everything in Prologue will also be in the full GT... right? If it had tracks/cars that you had to pay to unlock in the full version, this would make a lot more sense to me.

I'm not hassling out the game - I just think that $40+ is too much for what it is. Half price would be perfect.

(maybe Sony will head down the track of releasing "content discs" for GT5? And charge $40-$50 for each? Might make sense with purchasable downloadable content available for the game...?)

Regardless, this should still sell really well.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Ishy said:
R THEY ST00PID!!! :O

$600 for the console and now $42 for a demo =O

Lovely trolling language there Ishy.

Keep that up, and you'll get a nice (temp) ban to go with it.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
jhlennon1 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
socomevil2004 said:

sony must out of their mind!!!

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/09/21/tgs07-gt5-prologue-is-most-expensive-demo-ever/

The headline on that link is wrong. The demo for MGS2 cost $10 more, although it did come with Zone of the Enders, and didn't force us to play as Raiden.

NO, the headline is wrong because GT5 Prologue is not a demo. The real DEMO comes in October and is FREE.

Either you didn't read my post, or you think Konami actually charged for the demo of MGS2, and not for Zone of the Enders.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I mean Microsoft charged $60 for the Halo 3 beta. lol j/k.

Anyways, a demo for GT5 Prologue will be free over PSN.

Prologue itself will be a full game at retail, and isn't a demo.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
I mean Microsoft charged $60 for the Halo 3 beta. lol j/k.

Anyways, a demo for GT5 Prologue will be free over PSN.

Prologue itself will be a full game at retail, and isn't a demo.

100% true and accurate. I dont understand why people assume Prologue is a demo.....some people just latch on to whatever they can to tear down things they dont like, apparently.

$40 plus does seem steep, but nothing could stop me from buying it.
In a strange way, I hope it costs a lot because it should be known that it is NOT a demo, it is GT.
If there is anyone out there remotely interested in cars, or technological marvels of any kind- this prologue to the Final Game of Gran Turismo 5 will be well worth any cost.

So like me, your average PS3 gamer will drive the Rolse Royce or Bentley to the store, buy the luxury stlye game for the most expensive video gaming machine on the market, go back to their 50 inch plus tv and enjoy it. (while eating grey poupon ofcourse)

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

ultraslick said:

So like me, your average PS3 gamer will drive the Rolse Royce or Bentley to the store, buy the luxury stlye game for the most expensive video gaming machine on the market, go back to their 50 inch plus tv and enjoy it. (while eating grey poupon ofcourse)

Oh great magic 7-ball of Cell-powered goodness, tell me what the fate of the average PS3 gamer shall be.

Great Magic 7-Ball of Cell-Powered Goodness: Chapter 11.

Huh. I wonder what that means...