By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - $42.10 for a demo???wtf???????????

These demos that they are comming out with are insane. Who the hell wants to pay top dollar for a demo (or a beta if that's what you choose to call it). I don't care if it's the first three levels and a free puppy. It's still kinda goofy. I think if they are going to sell you a demo then you should get a rebate for the purchase price of the demo, towards your purchase of the full game. You have already paid for those levels anyway. If they aren't levels to the game, then they should call it what it is. Kind of an expansion pak, a la Episode One for Halflife 2. Those are usually pretty cheap. These are your customers Sony! Why are you hosing them!?

Around the Network

Is not a demo but last time I checked it had like 30 cars and 8-10 tracks. It was on joystiq. I'll see if I can find it but if this is at I say is a hell of a ripoff.

Hus said:
Can the mods for once do their freaking jobs

Hus

Banned

Oh my, the irony.

To the mod that "did their freaking job," thank you.

Ontopic: I still find this pricing outrageous even with what they stuck in the game. Please, who can't possibly wait for the full game at a better value? It's not like the cars in Gran Turismo move fast enough that you couldn't sit still and wait after Prologue.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Hus said:
Can the mods for once do their freaking jobs and close these retarded troll threads.

Its the samegod damn price as GT4prologue, its not a demo. The demo for GT5p is free will launch a few weeks before GT5p releases.

u got to calm down, is game!!!

killzone2 =halo killer!!!!!   

PS3 4 life

games playing

PS3:resident evil /resistance / killzone2/fallout3/uncharted/cod4/MGS4/socom/far cry2/biochock/dead space/street fighter4 

XBOX360:Gears of War/ Bioshock/ Halo3/ gears of war2/left 4 dead/mass effect/fable 2/dead rising

Wii:Zelda TP/ Resident evil 4/ Metriod Prime 3

PSP:Only bought it for God of War and the remote control for my PS3gamertag/PSN=  Dumbkilla

Wii#  0378860588753451

First, I've heard about 'Prologue' versions of previous games and this doesn't sound that different from the other ones. I guess the next thing would be to check how well those sold and such?

In the end, you could easily not buy it.

Around the Network

How many tracks and cars GT4 prologue had? and How much money you needed to pay for it?.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

ClaudeLv250 said:
Hus said:
Can the mods for once do their freaking jobs

Hus

Banned

It's about time.  Let this be a lesson to you, Hus....

On topic: I'm not too big a fan of the GT games...so if I was to spend $40.00+ it would have to be for a full game.  

How many tracks/cars are in this prologue/demo thing again?

Good thing this is comming out on disc.

It should be easy to find used given how short it is, kinda like HS.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

well, 30$ price was ok for me
40$ is a bit too expensive.

Time to Work !

I thought it was 5 tracks and like 40 cars. Which... isn't exactly a demo, but isn't exactly worth charging 40. But hey people will buy it, so i guess it is worth that.