By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 fails to crack 1 million units in US

Funny how the TC makes a topic then never posts again...

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Viper1 said:
the ball park figure was pulled from the websites ass dude.

I know the guy.  Not only did he not pull the figure from his ass but it's a very reputable figure accepted by those in the industry.

If you're going to accuse him of making things up, try not making things up yourself first.

LOL. so tell me what position does he have at sony?

And what position at Sony do you have?

You're refuting his number based on a notion you "pulled from your ass".   Unless you have a valid counter number, his is just as valid as yours.  Though I'd his over yours for the fact it's the figure that is accepted in the industry.  I'm in the media and it's the same figure I've been hearing.  So what executives and analysts have you spoken too lately?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

"Not only did he not pull the figure from his ass"

but yet he doesnt work with Sony... but he hasn't pulled numbers from his ass... so exactly where are the numbers from?

Viper - the number is accepted by the industry? its been rumor and speculation and the industry has nothing to base it off of. Ive seen people report the game was in development for 5 years. that is completly false and would greatly increase estimates.

get off your high horse. not only do these guys speculate but they dont even provide their figures to show how they came to their conclusion.

ive seen people try to include office rent and dev kits in the total... which again just a way to increase their figures. Ive seen people try and say 120 employees from start to finish... which is complete crap because not only was there less employees at the begining which GG increased to 120 people through development but for the first 6 months a team had to of been working on KZ liberation. on top of the last part of the dev time was used to polish the graphics. something you dont need 120 employees for

Max, you're ragging on him for his numbers, claiming he's pulling them from his ass but you're doing the EXACT SAME THING. You're saying he's wrong with no grounds to base it on. That's pulling a rebuttal from your ass.

Do you honestly expect the guy to spend 5 paragraphs in the story just explaining how the figure was derived? What exactly is your stake in all this? Why are you so adamant that he is wrong? What do you have to gain from it?

Your numbers are as much assumptions as you insist his numbers are. The difference is he is a credible source in the media quoting numbers the industry has accepted for quite some time while you are a just whining the guy is wrong with no valid evidence to the contrary.

Around the Network
munkeh - better question. Who gets 40 dollars?

shipping isnt very expensive. yeah its like 100 dollars per box but with like 100 games in that box
(numbers from ass)

outlaw said retails cut was 10 dollars from when he worked at CC. Im pretty sure ssj said similar from working at walmart and forbes says 12 dollars.

manufacturing cost are cheap. sony buys material in bulk and the most expensive part (the disc) they manufacture so they probably buy at a lower price.

ROFL!!! This gave me a good laugh.

OT: 1.59M seems pretty good to me.

4 ≈ One

at least i provide my formula based on information we have...

at least i provide my formula based on information we have...

And was he required to?  Are you suggesting that every article with a production investment listed break down their claim with a convulated formula even if it's an industry quoted figure?

its not even the industries figure. it started from a surfer girl rumor before which the figure was 30mil.

and yes if you want to come off as credible you should provide sources. how do i know he isnt one of the dumbasses using a 5 year dev time?

its not even the industries figure. it started from a surfer girl rumor before which the figure was 30mil.

and yes if you want to come off as credible you should provide sources. how do i know he isnt one of the dumbasses using a 5 year dev time?

Surfer Girl?  Now you've lost any credibility in this debate.  How does a 30 million USD guess equate to a 40 million Euro industry figure?

I told you it was an industry figure.   This means that analysts and investors use this figure.  Stop being so blatantly argumentative with no purpose especially after I told you the figure is reputable.