By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - first video of trico

Don't know how to embed an image of the Trico-bird, but since you've all got an image burned into your memory I'm sure it isn't necessary.

For my money the creature's head is far more cat-like than anything else (aside from the fact it has a beak of course).

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

^^ People are blind. Have you ever seen the hundreds of breeds of terrier dogs? It not only looks like a dog, but its character acts like a dog (love the snack feeding part and how he pats and touches him like a pet dog). I know I have never seen a rat act like a dog. And, we can all love dogs and connect, just makes sense.

another thing, rats have very small noses, much smaller sharp ears and a much sharper and longer snout.

My money is on it being some kind of mythical half dog, half bird or dragon creature. I have never read anything in rgards to a rat-bird like creature, tho. Have u?

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

@ Hanzo )

I wonder why so many people think this little mongrel has "Dragon" genes. Afaik Dragons are almost always portrayed with scales and flying membranes rather than with feathers (although biological I have to add, that feathers actually are "mutated"/evolutionized scales). And i didn't see any scales on him (notice how his plumage moves when the wind blows)apart from maybe on the legs.

@ Hanzo Well in that one scene where it's walking along and you see it's back end with the tail up... it's arse looks like a cat's. The way it sits on that column with the arch of it's back and the form of the back legs...cat. The way it's back legs look when it the boy is hanging off it's tail and it is trying to climb back to safety...cat. It's general gait when walking...cat.

And some breeds of cat are very friendly and playful, even playing fetch, so having a frindly and affectionate giant cat-bird is not especially odd cf a giant dog-bird.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

There are many Dog-birds in mythical legend. the *Simargh* and *Simargl* are 2. it's snout is way too long for a cat and It's actions are dog like, too. Can someone post some fox shots with the head and snout? Looks almost exactly like a fox IMH.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

Around the Network

Also, it's fur is like a fox. Foxes do look a little like big rats. And foxes are heavy in Japanese mythology.

meh thought it was lame, was hoping for something a bit more epic looking. i dont like the griffin type thing, needs to be remodeled imo, the kid is alright i suppose.

Speculation on gaf is that this leak was intentional. It seems Sony knows about the leak according to trustworthy sources, but they don't plan on doing anything about it. They aren't even going to comment on it.

To use the words of another:

They've managed to keep this game on lockdown this whole time and yet this trailer suddenly leaks shortly before E3? It's smart on their part since this is an old build and whatever exists now is likely much better looking. They're already generating a lot of hype from the footage.

I'd say this is a lock for E3.  I hope they go all out with the unveiling.

^smart

Trico is going to be one hell of a game