By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP sold more than Wii worldwide last week thanks to Slim & Lite

http://digg.com/gaming_news/PSP_sold_more_than_Wii_worldwide_last_week_thanks_to_Slim_Lite 

The figures for week ending 16th Sept are out and show worldwide PSP sales at a very impressive 260,000 units worldwide, more than the 220,000 Wiis sold in the same period but still less than the 340,000 DSs sold. PSP sales in some regions have more than tripled since the launch of the new Slim & Lite PSP.

Around the Network

Nice , at least it has some momentary sales that should boost hardware and software to ... lets hope that Sony will be able to sustain its momentum :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

The FF7CC launch is counted in that, right? That was a much, much bigger reason for the jump.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Let's hope FFCC sells well along with the PSP in Japan. It deserves to sell through the roof.

wow

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

^^ what does World of Warcraft has to do with this thread? (I'm so funny) :P

Nice boost for the PSP. The two big issues are if it can maintain the momentum, and if assuming it does will it translate to a significant software sales increase which has always been the bigger issue with the system. Honestly though I didn't expect it to boost as much given the redesign didn't change the look very much to the casual observer. I expect it to remain strong through the holidays, possibly being the best story Sony has for the time being.

I've never really cared for portable systems until this generation. I've come to really love both my DS and PSP. I'm glad to see that both systems are doing well.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

But but, isn't the PSP supposed to be a failure? ;)

Good news, hopefully it can keep it up!

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

that's very impressive, i mean it's not that the wii number is ridiculously low, it's that 260k for PSP is very very high.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X