By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TGS 2007 (Newly Announced Games!)

Metal Slug 7 for DS.

---------------
The Board is the best site on the Internet.

Around the Network

LOOK AT ME :

- motorstorm2 was announced but just announced (no screens)

- Star Ocean 4 was announced (trailer) too BUT the plateform is unknow by us and by SE themselve apparently (PS3?/Xbox360?/both?) :

http://www.gfdata.de/setup/mood.html

"""Star Ocean 4: Weiterhin keine Plattformangabe

21.09.07 - kazuhiko abe Square Enix hat sich auf der Tokyo Game Show weiterhin nicht dazu geäußert, auf welcher Hardware das Rollenspiel Star Ocean 4 erscheinen wird. Aufgrund eines gezeigten Trailers kommen derzeit aber nur PS3 und Xbox 360 in Betracht. Release: TBA (Japan)"""

==> supposed translation :

http://www.n4g.com/News-69228.aspx

33 Square Enix did not want to say on which platform Star Ocean 4 will be released. Previously Famitsu revealed it would be released exclusively on Playstation 3 but Square Enix told on the Tokyo Games Show 2007 that it has not yet decided a specific platform for the game.

Though the shown trailer revealed it will most likely be Playstation 3 or Xbox 360, or maybe both.

Time to Work !

socomevil2004 said:
this is the link for whoever asked about motorstorm2

http://www.psu.com/MotorStorm-2-officially-announced-News--a0001380-p0.php

Hmm...

Hopefully they'll do something different but cool, like place the game in the artic circle.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
socomevil2004 said:
this is the link for whoever asked about motorstorm2

http://www.psu.com/MotorStorm-2-officially-announced-News--a0001380-p0.php

Hmm...

Hopefully they'll do something different but cool, like place the game in the artic circle.

its rumored to be in Africa this time. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

choirsoftheeye said:
shams said:
choirsoftheeye said:
Has Nintendo confirmed that there will be a Nintendo Expo type thing? I didn't think one happened last year...

They will be at the "'E' for Everybody" expo in the US, later this year. This was supposed to be the official replacement for E3 (i.e. the public part of E3).

And neither Sony nor MS will be there (Ninty easily the biggest exhibitor there), so it might be the perfect time for some announcements (hog the spotlight!).

I was wondering in terms of Japan. Maybe it doesn't matter, because they seem to have the market cornered, but I feel like it's a bit weird and arrogant to not have any form of a public showing of their game in Japan.

They rarely do something in Japan. Nintendo SpaceWorld hasn't run for a few (?) years now.

I guess they figure its expensive, time consuming - and just unnecessary. They do have a heap of demo kiosks and other things setup around the country though.

I'm no expert on this, so someone else would be better to answer the question. (there might be something happening I'm not sure about).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
shams said:
choirsoftheeye said:
shams said:
choirsoftheeye said:
Has Nintendo confirmed that there will be a Nintendo Expo type thing? I didn't think one happened last year...

They will be at the "'E' for Everybody" expo in the US, later this year. This was supposed to be the official replacement for E3 (i.e. the public part of E3).

And neither Sony nor MS will be there (Ninty easily the biggest exhibitor there), so it might be the perfect time for some announcements (hog the spotlight!).

I was wondering in terms of Japan. Maybe it doesn't matter, because they seem to have the market cornered, but I feel like it's a bit weird and arrogant to not have any form of a public showing of their game in Japan.

They rarely do something in Japan. Nintendo SpaceWorld hasn't run for a few (?) years now.

I guess they figure its expensive, time consuming - and just unnecessary. They do have a heap of demo kiosks and other things setup around the country though.

I'm no expert on this, so someone else would be better to answer the question. (there might be something happening I'm not sure about).

There was a Nintendo Spaceworld 2006 wasn't there??? :-/

libellule said:
LOOK AT ME :

- motorstorm2 was announced but just announced (no screens)

- Star Ocean 4 was announced (trailer) too BUT the plateform is unknow by us and by SE themselve apparently (PS3?/Xbox360?/both?) :

http://www.gfdata.de/setup/mood.html

"""Star Ocean 4: Weiterhin keine Plattformangabe

21.09.07 - kazuhiko abe Square Enix hat sich auf der Tokyo Game Show weiterhin nicht dazu geäußert, auf welcher Hardware das Rollenspiel Star Ocean 4 erscheinen wird. Aufgrund eines gezeigten Trailers kommen derzeit aber nur PS3 und Xbox 360 in Betracht. Release: TBA (Japan)"""

==> supposed translation :

http://www.n4g.com/News-69228.aspx

33 Square Enix did not want to say on which platform Star Ocean 4 will be released. Previously Famitsu revealed it would be released exclusively on Playstation 3 but Square Enix told on the Tokyo Games Show 2007 that it has not yet decided a specific platform for the game.

Though the shown trailer revealed it will most likely be Playstation 3 or Xbox 360, or maybe both.

I've never played Star Ocean, but was really looking to play it if it came to the 360.

Any RPG that cites Star Trek as an inspiration is... ... awesome!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

This TGS has been rather "meh" so far. I'm hoping for a major announcement tonight. WKS wasn't announced until the third day of TGS06, afterall.

A new Katamari game has been announced for the ps3, and it's not Beautiful Katamari.

From 1UP:

[quote] There's been some confusion about whether the Xbox 360 title Beautiful Katamari is also headed for PS3 or Wii, especially after the game showed up on the Namco Bandai website as being so last week.

Speaking with Beautiful Katamari director Jun Morikawa at the Tokyo Game Show, he clarified that Beautiful Katamari specifically will not be appearing on the PS3 -- but, that the series will definitely be making its way to the console soon.

Whether this PS3 title ends up being a pseudo remake of Beautiful Katamari with some added enhancements (as Namco Bandai did with Ridge Racer 6 on Xbox 360 to Ridge Racer 7 on PS3) in unknown. Then again, the Katamari games aren't that funda

Blue Dragon DS