By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which will sell more, Punch Out or The Conduit?

Brand power should see Punch Out sell more in the long run.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Around the Network
kylohk said:
Brand power should see Punch Out sell more in the long run.

This.

Sadly you are right, crap games sell on wii, good games dont, Crappy nintendo games which they make during thier lunch breaks sell, while pro games with lots of effort and new ideas, something fresh wont sell. People are stupid of they buy punch out over conduit

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...

jlauro said:
The Conduit should easily outsell Punch Out. Punch Out might have higher opening numbers from the Nintendo Fanboys, but by the end of the year The Conduit will out pace it.

Punch Out will have better legs than The Conduit in the long distance, as it appeals to a much wider audience. It will probably be one of those evergreen bridge games that keep selling.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

both will sell

Around the Network
PeteyPeeps said:
Sadly you are right, crap games sell on wii, good games dont, Crappy nintendo games which they make during thier lunch breaks sell, while pro games with lots of effort and new ideas, something fresh wont sell. People are stupid of they buy punch out over conduit

Slept on the wrong side of the bed, buddy?  Ever heard of different tastes?  Preferring a boxing game over a fps does not make someone stupid.  Speak for yourself.  

OT: Punch Out!  I'll be contributing to the sales.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Definitely Punch-Out, likely by a couple of million. But they'll both sell well. Crapped out port of World at War broke a million, imagine a game that actually has the typical features of an FPS, especially a fun online mode.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

there's an upper limit to conduit's sales (around 1.5 to 2 mil) but with titles like Punch-out you never know.. so yeah i would say PO will easily beat conduit in the end.

Punchout
1. Made by a big name developer
2. Nintendo games do well on Nintendo consoles
3. Fans have been starved for a high profile Nintendo game since 08
4. Very little competition
5. Nostalgia

Conduit
1. FPS
2. Little competition
3. Lots of hype
4. Fans have been starved for a good 3rd party exclusive

Punch out wins easy. Conduit isn't a cross demographic kind of game. Also HVS isn't a big well known developer.

Conduit 1 to 3 million. My estimate is 1.5 million

Punchout 3-5 million. My estimate is 3 million.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

WereKitten said:
jlauro said:
The Conduit should easily outsell Punch Out. Punch Out might have higher opening numbers from the Nintendo Fanboys, but by the end of the year The Conduit will out pace it.

Punch Out will have better legs than The Conduit in the long distance, as it appeals to a much wider audience. It will probably be one of those evergreen bridge games that keep selling.

Look at the top sellers of all time for all platforms.  You will find far more FPS games with larger sales than you reach a boxing game.  You will not find that many boxing games in fact that sold well (compared to FPS).  Boxing is a much smaller niche than FPS.  Maybe it will be evergreen bridge game that keeps selling, but there have been far more FPS hits than boxing hits in the course of gaming history.  I'm sorry, but I don't see what's so special about Punch Out to make it appeal to a larger audience than the Punch Out of the past.  That said, it is Nintendo, and lots of Nintendo fans are excited about it, so it will likely sell several millions.

The real question...  will The Conduit be good enough of a game to sell well...?