By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Sports Resort: New "sports"

Valkyria00 said:
Matt@IGN said the list is down to 7 I think...
Its was once 10 but not anymore.

Theyre aware that people are paying for this at retail? Man, wtf are Nintendo doing with my money.

Well sword fighting alone is reason enuf to buy this so im still into it.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
Valkyria00 said:

Theyre aware that people are paying for this at retail? Man, wtf are Nintendo doing with my money.

Well sword fighting alone is reason enuf to buy this so im still into it.

Yea well......Nintendo makes stupid decisions.

maykissthebride said:

UPDATE 2 - What´s the deal with the Slow Motion stuff? Maybe someone can translate it, but i think they are saying "Hey, Wii Motion PLus is cool, but you know what´s cooler? WATER BALOONS IN SLOW MOTION!!!! LETS WATCH EM!"

in that specific spot they say:

"In the making off the Wii Motion+ CMs we used a high-speed camera (they call it a "super slow camera", but well, that's not the term we use here) to be able to acurately film the subtle movement the WM+ can detect. This sort of camera takes 5000 shots per second instead of 30/s like the ordinary cameras. For example look at the difference between the images we get by filming the rebound of waterbaloons. As you can see with a high-speed camera even the most subtle movements they make are made visible. Please enjoy watching the subtle movements the WM+ is able to detect in the WM+ CMs."

(I didn't translate everything literally, but I guess you get the idea)

Well there are 2 or more games left, and I don't think they'll do any other repeats.

Baseball is covered by Super Mario Sluggers.
Boxing is covered by Punch-Out!!
Bowling can't really be improved.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Well there are 2 or more games left, and I don't think they'll do any other repeats.

are you serious? Make the ball a coconut and you got a million seller

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:

are you serious? Make the ball a coconut and you got a million seller

Hahahhahaa, and turn the pins into bananas?

Valkyria00 said:

It was 8, actually.

Summary of podcast here.

Matt's words:"Last I heard Wii Sports Resort gonna 8 mini-games, I don't know if it's true or not, it's the last I heard."

Close enough. Besides I said "I think..." So i saved myself >.

That golf is included is OMG awesome for me. Poor Tiger Woods.

Since I'm playing on getting Tiger Woods, one of the tennis WM+ games and Red Steel 2, there's nothing left on WSR (aside from waterski) that isn't covered, far more extensively in those games. Looks like I'm skipping WSR.