By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Sports Resort: New "sports"

Valkyria00 said:
arsenal009 said:
@valkyria

What about Virtua Tennis or Grand Slam Tennis? I'm guessing ur not into tennis games?

For sports like those I prefer something a but more arcadey or just with a different aesthetic. Something that doesnt take itself to serious you know.

SSG2 has a cute cool Japanese look to it. Its actually pretty deep but the look and feel is awesome and not serious. So I'll just wait for something like in a tennis game. Be it the next real Mario Tennis or something  else. Not VT or GST. Luckily in golf games you can just share a controller.

Yeah, that's why i didn't mention Tiger Woods or Wii Sports Resort Golf  ;)

But i'm surprised by ur attitude towards sports games.  I myself prefer "kiddie graphics" over realistic graphics.  But that doesn't stop me from playing a game w realistic graphics if it's really fun.

Around the Network
arsenal009 said:
Valkyria00 said:
arsenal009 said:
@valkyria

What about Virtua Tennis or Grand Slam Tennis? I'm guessing ur not into tennis games?

For sports like those I prefer something a but more arcadey or just with a different aesthetic. Something that doesnt take itself to serious you know.

SSG2 has a cute cool Japanese look to it. Its actually pretty deep but the look and feel is awesome and not serious. So I'll just wait for something like in a tennis game. Be it the next real Mario Tennis or something  else. Not VT or GST. Luckily in golf games you can just share a controller.

Yeah, that's why i didn't mention Tiger Woods or Wii Sports Resort Golf  ;)

But i'm surprised by ur attitude towards sports games.  I myself prefer "kiddie graphics" over realistic graphics.  But that doesn't stop me from playing a game w realistic graphics if it's really fun.

Its not that. I wasnt really specific I just said "For sports like those" By that I mean sports I dont really care for. Golf I find boring as shit IRL. Tennis I can respect but still not for me. I dont care for the athletes that play them nor do I care how faithful it is to the original sport. I dont wanna choose athletes I dont know or care about either. Id rather choose some cool looking characters or whatever.

Hell Im pissed about Madden for Wii. That "art style" change is the stupidest announcements so far this year imo. Id like that to more realistic.

Wow it's like you people are forgetting this is a sequel..

Pixel Art can be fun.

i fundamentally disagree with people that like this, your all wrong. Although someone predicted weeks ago that all 5 original games would be redesigned for WSR i didnt want to believe it.

I wanted new sports so this is a dissapointment, especially considering EA's competition. Im still buyin it tho.

Ok so the list is -
Jetski's
Dog Frisbee
Kendo sword
Table Tennis
Golf

Theres at least another 2 or 3? @maykissthebride, table tennis is tennis.
If there is baseball, bowling and boxing im going to freak out...............

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I think this is lazy work. Granted there could be a reason for it like WSR will now be the bundled game, not WS, but still.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

@valkyria

Ah ok, i get what ur saying ;)

@smoked

Which ppl were u referring to?

Matt@IGN said the list is down to 7 I think...
Its was once 10 but not anymore.

arsenal009 said:
@valkyria

Ah ok, i get what ur saying ;)

@smoked

Which ppl were u referring to?

The people who are complaining about enhanced versions of old Wii Sports games. Could it really be a sequel without returning elements of the original?

Pixel Art can be fun.

lol, yes bcoz IT HAS SPORTS IN IT.

Its called Wii Sports. ie, any sport you want to put in it is fine.

Those videos are disturbing and funny. Hardcores like spandex, slow motion video and craploads of detailed info about capture rates.

Well this one's at a resort on the island you jog around in Wii Fit. It's basically at Rancho Relaxo.

I say they add bocce ball, shuffleboard, badminton, racquetball, miniature golf, and surfing on the balance board.