By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As you grow older, do you gravitate towards handhelds?

Then what my "gaming nature" changed? I used to play lots more and even stayed up at night... I don't do that anymore and atm, I don't have a busy life schedule.

Around the Network

I own a DS and it accompanies me on my train trips. It's well worth it.

lolita:

Then what my "gaming nature" changed? I used to play lots more and even stayed up at night... I don't do that anymore and atm, I don't have a busy life schedule.

Priorties change.  Just look at what you're doing instead of gaming.  You've picked something you enjoy doing more (hopefully) than gaming.  I know people who have literally outgrown gaming and find it's no longer interesting so they do other things (golf...etc).  I know others who game all the time literally.

There's nothing wrong with either.  For me, I find a balanced approach of a little of everything is good--enjoy a good game and make time for doing a variety of things outside of gaming.

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
sam12 said:

I totally forgot about the IPOD. I was thinking about getting a new one eventually and I forgot it now comes with games. That would be perfect. This way I can use it for gaming wherever I go and then also use the Wii when others are around in my house or when I want to play a game at home. Is it just the classic IPOD that comes with games or is the Nano and the IPOD touch for games too?

Both the new Nano and new Classic come with 3 games. http://www.apple.com/itunes/store/games/ The Touch cannot play iTunes games but if you go wifi with it you can play some online games. I am hoping that it allows games by the time I may get it (a while from know). Right now there are 6 games that may be played on the newer iPods and there are 17 games that may be played in the old iPod Video. My guess is, new games will stop coming out for the old iPod Video but continue coming out for new iPods. And the games are only $5.

Wow, that's great! Are the games good?

It entirely depends on what kind of gaming I want to do... If I'm in the mood for online multiplayer, I turn to my 360. If I want to stare at the XMB, I turn to my PS3 (joking... kinda).

When I want pure 2D side-scrolling goodness (or if I'm traveling), I bring along my DS or PSP.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
andrewpeirce said:
Ive always liked handhelds better.

Same here , I allways liked the idea to take games with me , the ones that I play home to continue elsewhere ... thats why I had a GB at the age of 4 , later the GBA/NG and now the best from all : PSP :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I drifted away from gaming a fews years ago and only got back into it because I quite fancied a PSP...I'd forgotten how much fun games were. That all then led to a 360 and now a Wii.

Although I don't have a huge amount of spare time, I tend to play on the tv-based consoles rather than the PSP at home - it's just a better experience. But the PSP is superb for killing time when I'm on the move.

Wow, that's great! Are the games good?

It depends what you like.  Tetris is my favorite game (has been for 15 years) so I would say some of them are.  Millions of people like Sudoku, but it is made by EA...The Pool and Bowling games are good, many people like Bejeweled, and I love Mahjong.  The games are fun if you are looking for less than an hour of distraction.  They are not Final Fantasy IV but they are more drawn out than Wario Twisted.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com