By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Duke Nukem Forever rise from the grave?

Do you think there will be a surprise announcement soon of another company picking up and completing Duke Nukem Forever?

Sure the game looks dead now (http://www.iheartchaos.com/content/unfinished-duke-nukem-forever-gameplay-footage-leaked-i-heart-video-games) , but in the world of gaming stranger things have happened.  So, I say we could hear of a new publisher for Duke Nukem Forever as early as E3.

What do you think?

Around the Network

If it is, i expect it to be an Xbox360 exclusive... and revealed at E3 to be bought by MS.

Why should he rise from the grave when he so cosily crawled under it for years???

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

if the IP gets sold and someone else develops it we still won't see it for many years

At this point even if it does rise from the grave, I doubt we'll see any serious following for it anymore. The series is old and the fans have basically been abused by witnessing the developer constantly, constantly changing things up and delaying the game. In the many years of it's pending release, the gaming industry has changed and moved on. Without Duke.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
If it is, i expect it to be an Xbox360 exclusive... and revealed at E3 to be bought by MS.

This would be unsurprising and is probably the most likely case.

NightstrikerX said:
At this point even if it does rise from the grave, I doubt we'll see any serious following for it anymore. The series is old and the fans have basically been abused by witnessing the developer constantly, constantly changing things up and delaying the game. In the many years of it's pending release, the gaming industry has changed and moved on. Without Duke.

Sad but true. We'll miss good ol' Duke, but this doesn't mean we'll accept some crap with "Duke" stuck on it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

<>
Carl2291 said:

MS needs something like this, an exclusive that a lot of people have heard of, not just fan boys.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Imagine Cliffyb designing some Duke levels, that would be futuristically awesome (depending if MS purchased it) I reckon ms should get him on their pay roll, make it happen ms

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

NightstrikerX said:

This

4 ≈ One