By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Punch-Out will launch with a first of week of under 40,000 in Others

Anyone think this is a fair prediction?

Despite the original being one of the better selling NES games in Europe (0.5M) it's still very much an unknown franchise. I reckon it'll have strong legs though and should see 500-600k by the end of the year.

Around the Network

Its a way to old franchise resurrection, and I doubt that except a few die-hard Nintendo fans any gamers remember about it. Punch-Out will need a serious advertising campaign for it to sell well IMO :|

So yeah, I agree with you :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I think someone from Nintendo Europe said there was going to be a big advertising campaign for this. Haven't seen anything yet, though. Perhaps it was Nintendo America. Even so, I think 40,000 is pitching a bit low.

I think it'll be over 40k, but hey, it's anyone's guess... I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit 100k first week in Others, but I won't be expecting it either.

I enjoyed the video's released on Youtube. If they can target the advertising towards the twenty-something male then maybe it will do much better, but I think they are pretty much starting from scratch with this franchise in Europe.

Around the Network

The problem is casuals will not be that interested in it they probably will be all like 'But I already have a boxing game on my Wii sports'. I don't have an idea how it will sell.

this game has a bigger marketing budget than brawl apparently, but so far we havnt seen anything in Europe as far as im aware

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Despite Nintendo's claims that it would be backed with a big ad campaign over here (and top the Wii charts)...there has been zero marketing in the UK.

I'm not convinced it'll even make the UK top 40 in the first week.

If they wanted big first week sales then they should have started advertising last night on mainstream shows like "Britains got Talent"...but there was nothing.

Nostalgia won't factor into sales over here like it will in the US..as the NES was never a monster success over here. It's pretty much an unknown franchise to the masses.

..and I can't see the casual market paying full price for a more or less unknown game without some form of attachment being included. People are too used to Wii games being priced low or having something included with it.

If the marketing doesn't start soon then i wouldn't be surprised to see it doing less than 10k.

This sounds like Killzone 2 talk in regards to marketing vs sales, etc... How did KZ2 do in other the first week?

The game comes out on a Friday..... so yeah.